Singapore, South Korea to launch Vaccinated Travel Lanes from 15 November

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to do my rough calculation of spending in Korea for 11 Nights/12 Days trip.
Looking at credit card spending etc

ztb7T9U.jpg

huhu84

Master Member
Reaction score
Some slight chances pre departure pcr test requirements changed from 72hr to 48hrs

belgarathc

Reaction score
We just returned few days ago from a 16D15N trip.

Glad that there is an opportunity to travel for leisure this year and to countries like Korea which we enjoy. Otherwise this will be the first year we did not manage to travel in a long time.

Highlights of the trip will be the great food, scenic sights like Ulleungdo and Seoraksan (enjoyed its hot spring too) and maybe the less crowds tourist areas.

The bad will be of course the additional covid tests which comes up to around $700. We usually do not take SQ flight too but had to do so this time so it is an added cost. But we bought early so it is not so bad at around $820. Safe entry checks in Korea restaurants is the main inconvenience. Some restaurants are more particular while some are not. For the particular ones, generally if we show our SG notarised cert and point out the vaccine taken and dates, they are fine with it. Only one cafe in Seoul rejected us (politely).

All in all, a good trip. Maybe we will visit AU early next year. :)

zkwonz

Reaction score
We just returned few days ago from a 16D15N trip.

Glad that there is an opportunity to travel for leisure this year and to countries like Korea which we enjoy. Otherwise this will be the first year we did not manage to travel in a long time.

Glad you had a good trip!

huhu84

Master Member
Reaction score
PCR test result was out relatively fast.
Got it in about 2 hrs time. So didn’t have to camp in the hotel waiting wasting precious time

also for the safe2go pcr booking pls do not use yahoo or Hotmail to register as you may not receive/get the test result. Gmail is fine

belgarathc

Reaction score
PCR test result was out relatively fast.
Got it in about 2 hrs time. So didn’t have to camp in the hotel waiting wasting precious time
also for the safe2go pcr booking pls do not use yahoo or Hotmail to register as you may not receive/get the test result. Gmail is fine
Yep, we have the same experience with regards to the pcr results. By the time we took the train to Seoul, checked in hotel, unpacked a little and the results were in and we went out for dinner. I am using Hotmail. I did receive the results slightly later than my wife who is using Gmail. I just thought that my test was processed later. For predeparture ART, we did it at the airport as well, 3 hours before our departure flight. Results came in within an hour before we can even finish our breakfast.

EnXiZer

Reaction score
Any idea what time should I book the PCR test in Korea if my arrival time is 1530hrs? Do I select exactly 1530hrs or do I need to cater some buffer time for processing?

huhu84

Master Member
Reaction score
30 mins later ? Doesn’t really matters I think ?

do take note there is no express train on KTX only all stops train.

Airport limousine bus services are also temp suspended till further notice

Last edited:

belgarathc

Reaction score
Any idea what time should I book the PCR test in Korea if my arrival time is 1530hrs? Do I select exactly 1530hrs or do I need to cater some buffer time for processing?
I had the same flight timing. I booked the 430pm slot. As previous poster mentioned, it doesn't seem to matter. A VTL staff was at the arrival area to "collect" us and guided us to the testing center.

belgarathc

Reaction score
30 mins later ? Doesn’t really matters I think ?
do take note there is not express train on KTX only all stops train.
Airport limousine bus services are also temp suspended till further notice
Yep, we took the all stop train from airport to Seoul station. Even a staff was at Airport station to guide visitors. Very well organised from KR side. We stayed at 4 points by Sheraton which is a long walk from Seoul station but at least it is sheltered.

Hisashiburi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably should have at least 1 hr for processing as u have to go through immigration, customs etc.

huhu84

Master Member
Reaction score
i didn’t take my pre departure pcr test at INC as my day 6/7 pcr test was within 48hrs.

saved some $$ 😂

darcbleu

Reaction score
really waiting for Taiwan to open VTL so we can go travel as we always go yearly pre covid. but if really nothing happen, then guess the next best vacation for us will be Korea this year end period.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.