Singapore Treasury bills (T-bills)

konan~

Reaction score
Of course there's a solution available: stop forcing employees to contribute their shares to OA. Make the employee's share of OA contributions voluntary but eligible for tax relief.
Serious, you want a major overhaul of our CPF system to address probably a few months surge in Tbills applications?

Last edited:

Geralt

Reaction score
We need to vent it out and made everyone aware that they should not bid stupid rates. Avg 3.26 of cut off 3.9 means A LOT bid way below 2.8 maybe??
Vent here for what? The majority of bidders aren't reading this thread. You are better off spreading the message to your family, friends and co-workers in hopes that they pass it along to their friends than to vent here.

yobyella

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No lai. When CPF charging 2.6% housing loan when the private loan interest is <1.5% for the past few years?
They need to calibrate and justify .

CPF members are forced to contribute their savings to CPF. Cant be taking in 2.5% when banks already offering close to 4%. They cant withdraw their funds. Whereas HDB buyers were not force to buy big expensive flats when interest were cheap. They already enjoyed cheap interest rates for many years. So now interest head north, they should see it coming and should not complain.

yobyella

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have the choice to invest your OA or pay for your mortgage at concessionary rate. And you have enjoyed years of guaranteed OA rates when banks were paying pittance. Now then you say not fair?

As per #8625

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Given the situation (lack of market depth in TBills, not enough being issued), I've moved on to buying US TBills instead. Getting yields of 4.6-4.7% in USD isn't bad. :LOL:
Not everybody can stomach forex risk and the unquantifiable hassle for that little bit more unless you talking about million in dollars.

dork32

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if have 100k why not put in OCBC360 ? 4.65% with 3 easy criteria ( unless no salary giro)
yeah but ocbc 360 can only take 100k. people down here very power one. one guy say he got 1 mil in rhb. henry say he want to hoot 600k.

ocbc 360 is for you and me

laurent_rio

Reaction score
yeah but ocbc 360 can only take 100k. people down here very power one. one guy say he got 1 mil in rhb. henry say he want to hoot 600k.

ocbc 360 is for you and me
yeah i found for me now bank saving account more attractive. OCBC with 4.65% and HSBC EGA with 4.1-5.1% will full flexibility (not like FD). I only put some in SSB and T Bills for diversification and understand it.Again i dont have hundreds some more millions sadly

WHLN17

Reaction score
For the latest round, I bid 4.11% and didn't get. Disappointed and I think it is unlikely for future issues to get above 4%. I concede defeat and unlikely to participate in future issues. Meanwhile, I notice bond prices seems steadying. Even Astrea7 (Temasek linked) has recovered after FTX, or ex interest, or both, I don't know. The point is, we may have seen the peak of rising interest rate and Fed rate announcement on 14 Dec should confirm easing of rate hike. Accordingly, bye to this thread for the time being as I will be deploying fund to secondary bond market instead as there are bonds that yield above 4% such as Astrea7 and the not to popular Frasers Green Bond.

flowerscflowers

Reaction score
Sorry a noob here. Why do I hav a refund arising from SGS tender for Tbill. What does that mean? Sorry I m on non competitive

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Vent here for what? The majority of bidders aren't reading this thread. You are better off spreading the message to your family, friends and co-workers in hopes that they pass it along to their friends than to vent here.
Vent frustration for noob bidder lor

Already spread within my circle and hopefully hwz readers of this thread will spread further

Really must give it to the Chao Noob bidder 🤣

dork32

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah i found for me now bank saving account more attractive. OCBC with 4.65% and HSBC EGA with 4.1-5.1% will full flexibility (not like FD). I only put some in SSB and T Bills for diversification and understand it.Again i dont have hundreds some more millions sadly
if you have not use up your ocbc, i think tbills is meaningless.

ssb does provide you with some diversification in that the interest is guaranteed for 10 year. i really dont see advantage tbills have over ocbc.

konan~

Reaction score

Icychemist

Reaction score
To check how much of your CPF OA can be invested, go to the "Investment dashboard" on the CPF homepage, and under "Amount available from Ordinary Account", look at "For professionally managed products". This is what CPF allows you to use for investments, so it should have already taken your outstanding medisave liabilities into account if it does apply.

The other thing is OCBC would most likely have a clause stating that if there's insufficient funds to process your t-bill application, they would deduct from your cash account. DBS has such a clause. If no such deductions occurred, then most likely it's not because of your medisave liabilities.

Good luck, and here's hoping CPF can explain what happened. Thanks for the update.

Okay cool, so i got a update with them.

CPF didn't screw up, OCBC did. But more specifically, their IT did.
So in the end, although the email was sent by their staff, somehow, the email wasn't received by CPF.

And apparently, according to the staff, I wasn't the only one who was affected. A few other customers were too and I think they still aren't aware of it. Now the staff had to call them individually and get them to re-apply the next upcoming one.

I decided to let it go since they apologised and I've also already applied for the next upcoming one instead.

So yeah~

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.