Singapore Treasury bills (T-bills)

heng_ah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 mins more and tbill issuer is in technical default for not paying back the principal on maturity date of 24Jan ??

Shake head .....
If it falls on PH then it be credited on the next working day. It’s their norm.
Is it fair? Of course not, LOL

ahchan

Reaction score
yes 24 Jan 2023 is PH according to government official website
So when will we get back the principal?
I checked SGX account this morning and seems the T-bill supposed to mature 24-Jan still not processed...

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So when will we get back the principal?
I checked SGX account this morning and seems the T-bill supposed to mature 24-Jan still not processed...
it's likely the same time as how other dividend and principle got refunded just that it is today rather than yesterday

magicming

Reaction score
Hmm, if never release, then should give 1 more day of interest.

Could be less than peanuts for most, but may be a bit for those who bought more.
If put into high yielding accounts of about 5%, the one day’s non-interest is more than $10 for every $100k. To me that’s quite a lot. Anyway another thing to learn and factor in.

So I checked that next year CNY is in Feb 2024, and it will not unfairly impact the 1 year Tbill that is currently open for application. 😀

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If put into high yielding accounts of about 5%, the one day’s non-interest is more than $10 for every $100k. To me that’s quite a lot. Anyway another thing to learn and factor in.
It's as high as almost 10% loss of interest for 1 day.
$27 per 100k for some.
Issue size is $4.6b

Reaction score
I find the overlap over weekend on hold for Ssb sux more; consists of more days since you wont know your allocation till the following week.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find the overlap over weekend on hold for Ssb sux more; consists of more days since you wont know your allocation till the following week.
well sometimes ease of implementation and consistent might be "worth" more than the flexibility.

SpeedingBullet

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess everyone's waiting for that 6 mth 24 Jan maturity monies. This is quite bad that the principal amount isnt refunded during working hours, means there's some opportunity cost lost.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.