Singapore Treasury bills (T-bills)

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
let say only because i have very limited capital.
i put in 3.10% yield and i can only accept this yield and not lesser.

so i bid on competitive bids, at 3.10 % yield.
if the result out and the yield is lower, i get nothing and all are refunded to me.
i dont get any punishment like capital reduced for no reason.

i will just keep on trying for the next few bid till i get 3.10% yield. there is no point accepting lower bids since i have very limited captial.
Based on the past yield and trend, good chance that you get your fund back bidding 3.10% yield for 18 August auction. Having said that, I really really really hope that you get your full allocation. :s13:

bombshell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if the result out and the yield is lower, i get nothing and all are refunded to me.

i will just keep on trying for the next few bid till i get 3.10% yield. there is no point accepting lower bids since i have very limited captial.
Hope ur capital is earning some decent interest while you wait for the 3.1% to appear.

dreamwork7878

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on the past yield and trend, good chance that you get your fund back bidding 3.10% yield for 18 August auction. Having said that, I really really really hope that you get your full allocation. :s13:
you see those who have limited capital they cheong for temasek 1.8% yield.
now we are left hanging there regretting for accepting 1.8% yield when even fix deposit are higher now.

well we accept 1.8% yield now no choice , we get our capital stuck

temasek.png

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now we are left hanging there regretting for accepting 1.8% yield when even fix deposit are higher now.

temasek.png
Limited capital can also spread out ma

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi can you share limited capital is how much? Everyone definition of limited capital can be different. E.g for me limited capital can be 100 or 1000 but to another person 10K is limited capital for e.g

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

for 6 months.. don't crack your head so much over how competitive it will get... just go with the flow. if it's 3.1%, congrats. if it's 2.8% it's still better than any of the FD out there. why waste time speculating?

6 mths later then worry... what to do with the cash.

if you miss the boat you're also losing the time to make the money work hard. 6 mths is already quite flexible... I won't want to try bidding competitively unless there're other products with potentially attractive rates.

wont say the same for say, SGS which can be 2-years and up.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for 6 months.. don't crack your head so much over how competitive it will get... just go with the flow. if it's 3.1%, congrats. if it's 2.8% it's still better than any of the FD out there. why waste time speculating?

6 mths later then worry... what to do with the cash.

if you miss the boat you're also losing the time to make the money work hard. 6 mths is already quite flexible... I won't want to try bidding competitively unless there're other products with potentially attractive rates.

wont say the same for say, SGS which can be 2-years and up.
Or like what some ppl did, submit multiple bids. So at least is not all or nothing

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spread out average, yield drops too.
also not much capital in the bank account.

try my highest till i get it.
target till end year
It drops, but the question is,

will you be better off not getting it for next 6 months or getting something for the next 6 months.

if you can’t predict the future, then it’s a bet Liao right

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
spread out average, yield drops too.
also not much capital in the bank account.

try my highest till i get it.
target till end year
just rem there's opportunity cost. even if you managed to only get your desired 3% at end of dec, your opportunity cost is the fund not fully optimised for the next 4 months awaiting (and hoping) for the desired yield. we also hoping for above 3% but just going non-competitive as we know and accept the rough range it'll fall into. best of luck.

Last edited:

AlvinDj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well... if the USTB 6m continues staying this way as it is now till end of the week..

High chance upcoming one, we could see a 2.9 >

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well... if the USTB 6m continues staying this way as it is now till end of the week..

High chance upcoming one, we could see a 2.9 >
Not to waste your brain cell just apply all the every 2 weeks issued 6 months T-bill. Based on capital X dollars divide by number of issues and just apply when it comes. In stock investment this is called DCA? I find it a bit strange for T-bill some readers want to do timing. Make me think T-bill is like stock investment.

AlvinDj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not to waste your brain cell just apply all the every 2 weeks issued 6 months T-bill. Based on capital X dollars divide by number of issues and just apply when it comes. In stock investment this is called DCA? I find it a bit strange for T-bill some readers want to do timing. Make me think T-bill is like stock investment.
Different people has different approach when it comes to investment.. To each his own bah..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.