Singtel 1 Gbps Fibre

guyz92

Reaction score
Yes, that doesn't provide anything that would benefit the users, and does seem quite concerning.

That's why i always maintain to use commercially available or open source routers, and never devices customised by the isp.

I wonder how difficult it would be to reverse engineer the protocol and feed false data to the analytics servers?

Do you have a copy of the firmware (eg an update file), or would it need to be extracted from a live device in order to research what its doing?

The firmware is pushed using TR-069 RPC Download command.
The firmware file name is called Singtel-ACElite_v1.00.01_build43a_20201106.w
TR-069 should be sending a HTTP URL when it trigger the TR-069 Download Command.
I didn't managed to do a packet capture as I do not have a high-end switch that can do port-mirroring.

Maybe If any kind soul know how to send TR-069 command to Singtel, can try to send it to this URL:

Code:
https://dm-hdm.singnet.com.sg/

TR-069 need a "CR" URL that is listening on the CPE. This way Singtel TR-069 server can send the RPC command to the CPE.

The TR-069 Logs:
Code:
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 CR: There is no "Digest" string in auth_line.]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 CR: Connection request cause 401 error.]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Received connection request]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 CR: Finish poccess Connection request.]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Sending 6 CONNECTION REQUEST inform to ACS: 165.21.0.82.]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Received Inform Response]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:29]:[info]:[TR069 Received Download]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 RpcMethod Download]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Sending Download Response]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Session end.]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Firmware Singtel-ACElite_v1.00.01_build43a_20201106.w download successfully.]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Sending 7 TRANSFER COMPLETE inform to ACS: 165.21.0.82.]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Received Inform Response]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Sending TransferComplete]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Received TransferComplete Response]
[xx:xx:xxxx:xx:xx:xx]:[info]:[TR069 Session end.]

Last edited:

miloaisdino

Reaction score
Yes, that doesn't provide anything that would benefit the users, and does seem quite concerning.

That's why i always maintain to use commercially available or open source routers, and never devices customised by the isp.

I wonder how difficult it would be to reverse engineer the protocol and feed false data to the analytics servers?

Do you have a copy of the firmware (eg an update file), or would it need to be extracted from a live device in order to research what its doing?
the protocol is plain vanilla mqtt (as the domain implies), more commonly used for hobby iot projects. subscribing to the mqtt topics allows you to receive the telemetry data of all routers in realtime

they seem to be using mqtt as a "message-queue"

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank for your reply. May I know what kind or model of router will support this bridge feature? Is TP-LINK Archer C80 AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless WiFi Router good enough for this feature?

Technically it does not really matter. You can use any non SingTel router with a bridged ONR.

However to be honest, I will say do not bother with the trouble to bridge the ONR if you are going to use such a low end router.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my budget is below $100

I see. In that case you can try your luck at Carousell to see if you can get Asus RT-AX55 from M1 sellers.

Or you can look at TP-Link AX10.

Just wondering what is the reason you want to bridge the ONR. With such a low budget, I will suggest you do not bridge the ONR and buy an AP like Singtel Mesh Router (around S$30 from Carousell) or Huawei AX3 Pro (around S$90, without local warranty) as AP.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if I will be able to recontract using this link https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/broadband/eform/renew-bb if I didn't receive the mailer? Didn't manage to receive any promo other than the one already on their website (46.90/mth) even after contacting them.

Of course you can.

However, I will suggest you contact Singtel and try to ask for better recontract deal at S#39.9 per month.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/singtel-1-gbps-fibre.5930834/page-89#post-131546042
Speak to retention dept. I did and got it.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No more deal for $39.90?

For existing customers who want to recontract, you can always try to negotiate with Singtel to get S$39.9 per month.

For new customers switching to Singtel, there is a promotion now.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/broadband/eform/newbb4 FREE months of 1Gbps Fibre Broadband (U.P. $49.90/mth) --> effectively S$41.58 per month

New sign-ups will enjoy:
- Home Line
- Mobile Broadband (500MB)
- Wireless Dual-band AC Access Point
- Free registration worth $53.50
- 6 FREE months of Amazon Prime
- FREE Weekend or Weekday Installation worth $145 (Online exclusive)

Note: An NLT service activation fee of $56.71 per port will apply.

drunkelephant

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For existing customers who want to recontract, you can always try to negotiate with Singtel to get S$39.9 per month.

For new customers switching to Singtel, there is a promotion now.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/broadband/eform/newbb4 FREE months of 1Gbps Fibre Broadband (U.P. $49.90/mth) --> effectively S$41.58 per month

New sign-ups will enjoy:
- Home Line
- Mobile Broadband (500MB)
- Wireless Dual-band AC Access Point
- Free registration worth $53.50
- 6 FREE months of Amazon Prime
- FREE Weekend or Weekday Installation worth $145 (Online exclusive)

Note: An NLT service activation fee of $56.71 per port will apply.
Not for existing subscriber?
I called the sales retain department
No free month for me

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not for existing subscriber?
I called the sales retain department
No free month for me

You do not need the free months, just ask for S$39.9 per months recontract. If they do not want to give you, prepare to switch to other ISP.

tuntun

Reaction score
I set my Router-RT-AC87U WAN DNS with 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 but I still cannot see as using OpenDNS dns server when do the test. I brought my router to neighbor friend line using M1 fiber, I can get as showing using OpenDNS server. Any restrictions on SingTel line using other DNS setting without using their defaults?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No limit for Singtel ONT (or bridged ONR) users to use third party DNS. I am using third party DNS myself.

For ONR users (unbridged) you can not use third party DNS as far as I know on the ONR.

As for RT-AC87U, that is one of the more problematic Asus router (read: please upgrade if you can) but it should still work.

tuntun

Reaction score
I set my Router-RT-AC87U WAN DNS with 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 but I still cannot see as using OpenDNS dns server when do the test. I brought my router to neighbor friend line using M1 fiber, I can get as showing using OpenDNS server. Any restrictions on SingTel line using other DNS setting without using their defaults?
My current singtel is with Port 1 Bridged and connect to router. Seems as SingTel DNS quiries are slower. If I set my PC LAN DNS with opennet, seems browsing faster. But I want let router relay dns and no need to set all the times etc in office and home networks. What DNS are you using? Can share or advise for SingTel fiber? Thanks

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, you can use whatever DNS you like since your ONR is bridged and your RT-AC87U is the main router. You should be able to set the DNS on your RT-AC87U. And Singtel DNS is pretty stable last year when I used it with my Singtel Mesh Router.

Now I am using Pi-hole (on Google Cloud) as the main DNS and 1.1.1.3 as the secondary DNS. I am using Asus RT-AX82U as the main router here.

Cloudflare DNS for Family
https://blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-1-1-1-1-for-families/Two Flavors: 1.1.1.2 (No Malware) & 1.1.1.3 (No Malware or Adult Content)

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My current singtel is with Port 1 Bridged and connect to router. Seems as SingTel DNS quiries are slower. If I set my PC LAN DNS with opennet, seems browsing faster. But I want let router relay dns and no need to set all the times etc in office and home networks. What DNS are you using? Can share or advise for SingTel fiber? Thanks

Been tracking DNS resolution times for a few months. I use Cloudflare since it's been consistently close to Google, but has the family+malware protection options.

Level 3 for now looks faster, but I've also noticed it spike to high resolution levels before.

For Singnet users, avoid Quad9.

tuntun

Reaction score

Been tracking DNS resolution times for a few months. I use Cloudflare since it's been consistently close to Google, but has the family+malware protection options.

Level 3 for now looks faster, but I've also noticed it spike to high resolution levels before.

For Singnet users, avoid Quad9.
Thanks for all advice. Now I set as 1.1.1.3/1.0.0.3 and leave it. Let see router can take that for singtel fiber...

FLiNcHY

Banned
Reaction score
I recently recontract with Singtel and they gave me their new wireless Mesh router.

However the range is too short for my 1750 sq ft place and my bedrooms are super slow

is it possible to link this mesh router with another mesh router like what asus AI routers can do?

How do i increase the area of coverage with this singtel mesh router?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.