Singtel 1 Gbps Fibre

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Luckily, I decided to hold on when Singtel called me to renew my plan at $45.90 before this link was posted. I enquired about $39.90 and was told no longer having this promo. Then this link came along. Thanks for sharing this link, appreciates.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Have been using Singtel router AC1900 for almost 8 years even recontracting with Singtel... I find it disconnecting more recently... hardware failure... call SIngnet technical support and check some seetting till no much improve... it is better to purchase one ? Or Singtel latest router request is better.. .

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have been using Singtel router AC1900 for almost 8 years even recontracting with Singtel... I find it disconnecting more recently... hardware failure... call SIngnet technical support and check some seetting till no much improve... it is better to purchase one ? Or Singtel latest router request is better.. .

No point to continue using the Singtel AC1900. If you are going to recontract and then they will give you free Singtel Mesh Router (you may need to request from Singtel), which is a bit better and plug-and-play replacement. If you are not yet going to recontract, you can also get it at about S$30 in Carousell.

But it is perfect fine to buy a better router like Asus RT-AX86U/RT-AX58U/RT-AX56U (depending on your budget) to replace it depending on the budget. They are all compatible with Singtel ONT and support Singtel TV box.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Just confirm again just now, I'm using AC1900 should be more than 6 years old... may I know this model is older model than AC1900 ? Or it is current issue for broadband plan...

Yes, buying other model is better if after replacement and discontinue of internet of solve else becoming complicate also.. Not a IT guy for such trouble shooting also.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just confirm again just now, I'm using AC1900 should be more than 6 years old... may I know this model is older model than AC1900 ? Or it is current issue for broadband plan...
Yes, buying other model is better if after replacement and discontinue of internet of solve else becoming complicate also.. Not a IT guy for such trouble shooting also.

Singtel Mesh router is a new model and much more stable than the older SingTel AC Elite/AC1900 and the AC Plus.

lilycll

Reaction score

8yrs old could already be intermittent hardware issues or failure and time for replacement. If you have an active contract you should be able to get it replaced under warranty. If no more contract recontract will get new free Mesh Router. Talk to the tech support and insist to get replacement if still under contract.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I add extender?

Take note SingTel does not sell standalone Mesh Extender AC2600 to end users to mesh with SingTel Mesh Router.

In any case, no point to get the SingTel Mesh Extender AC2600 (not cheap and performance will not be good). It is not good to go with any SingTel exclusive Mesh solution like the Askey, Airties or the Mesh Extender AC2600.

You should go with other mesh solution.

wlbwlb

Reaction score
Hi, like to check if i sign up new singtel fibre.
It stated the below.
What is this wireless dual-band ac access point? Is it a router?
Does new sign up get a free router from singtel?

New sign-ups will enjoy:
- Home Line
- Mobile Broadband (500MB)
- Wireless Dual-band AC Access Point
- Free registration worth $53.50
- 6 FREE months of Amazon Prime
- FREE Weekend or Weekday Installation worth $145 (Online exclusive)

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It stated the below.
New sign-ups will enjoy:
- Home Line

New sign-up will get the following.
1) SingTel ONR as the main router

2) SingTel Mesh Router (running as a wireless AP automatically when connected to the SingTel ONR)

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
It stated the below.

New sign-ups will enjoy:
- Home Line
Are u signing up the 5 mths free current promotion? If yes u are not even getting the Singtel MESH router stated by xiaofan. In that package is a single unit of Askey 5100W. Savings in this package = $49.90x5 = $249.50

Singtel has another “always there” $39.90/mth package that likely comes with the Singtel MESH router. Savings in that is $10x24 = $240.

So the 5 mths free National Day promotion technically only saves $9.50 but Singtel gives u a 8 yr old AP.

Singtel really knn …

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are u signing up the 5 mths free current promotion? If yes u are not even getting the Singtel MESH router stated by xiaofan. In that package is a single unit of Askey 5100W. Savings in this package = $49.90x5 = $249.50
Singtel has another “always there” $39.90/mth package that likely comes with the Singtel MESH router. Savings in that is $10x24 = $240.
So the 5 mths free National Day promotion technically only saves $9.50 but Singtel gives u a 8 yr old AP.
Singtel really knn …

Thanks for the info.

SingTel Mesh Router is selling in Carousell at around S$30 to S$50. It is not really meant to be a mesh solution even it has the "Mesh" name in it.

So let's ignore the router difference first.

49.9 per month x 19 months /24 month= 39.504 per month

So yes the promotion has the real saving of S$0.396 x 24 = S$9.5 for the 24 months contract period, compared to the regular S$39.9 per month. The difference is that you need to negotiate with SingTel or click certain recontract offer link to get S$39.9 per month "regular" promotion.

wlbwlb

Reaction score
New sign-up will get the following.
1) SingTel ONR as the main router

2) SingTel Mesh Router (running as a wireless AP automatically when connected to the SingTel ONR)

Singtel really knn …

Hi, I plan to sign up this one. $39.90 one. so should have the mesh router right?

https://www.singtel.com/personal/pr...jqdWAfX3JwPiMcp_CzAaAjP8EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I plan to sign up this one. $39.90 one. so should have the mesh router right?
Get on Singtel Fibre Broadband and TV
html div
favicon.ico

www.singtel.com

Not sure, please confirm with SingTel.

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
So yes the promotion has the real saving of S$0.396 x 24 = S$9.5 for the 24 months contract period, compared to the regular S$39.9 per month. The difference is that you need to negotiate with SingTel or click certain recontract offer link to get S$39.9 per month "regular" promotion.
Yes, Singtel damn non-transparent ...

I'm shifting to a new place soon, and Singtel is giving the estate a group buy based on the 5 months free package. If total number of takeup under the group buy exceeds a certain number, we will get 6 months free. The sales manager is promoting that we have a min savings of $49.90x5 = $249.50.

I told him no, the only savings is $9.50. Sent him the URL for the $39.90/mth he LPPL ...

But no choice, I'll be taking up the 5 months free package due to EPL.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.