Singtel 1 Gbps Fibre

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, just to check is $39.90/mon the cheapest plan for SingTel 1Gbps (existing customer)?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, just to check is $39.90/mon the cheapest plan for SingTel 1Gbps (existing customer)?

Yes that is the usual one you will get. I also got this price for my recent recontract in the end of August 2022.

Some people managed to get S$37.90 per month.

The above will come with free WiFi 5 router or AP.

There is another option to get S$42.90 per month with free WiFi 6 router or AP.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have cancelled my Singtel broadband, but no reason for me not to share this link with those who want it:
https://singtel.com/fibrecampaign
Recontract 1Gbps at $34.90 - lowest price I've seen so far, with 12-months Amazon Prime and Home Protect.
I think it's valid until the end of November only.

Nice one. Looks like for new sign-up only (Incorrect -- this is for targeted recontract customers).

1Gbps Fibre Broadband with a pair of Askey WiFi Mesh at $34.90/mth (U.P. $54.90/mth).
1Gbps Mesh (WiFi 6) plan with a pair of WiFi 6 Mesh Extenders at $45.90/mth (U.P. $62.90/mth).

Terms and condtions:
https://www.singtel.com/content/dam/singtel/Ads_TermsAndConditions/V1E_FibreRecon_Oct22_TNCs.pdfAll offers are valid till 28 November 2022 and for existing Fibre Broadband and Singtel TV customers only. Promotion is applicable only to customers who received this mailer.

But for recontract users without the targeted offer, you can still try to negotiate with SingTel to see if you can get the same offer or as low as possible offer.

S$39.90 per month with single free Wifi router and S$42.90 per month with single Wifi 6 rotuer are the two baselines.

Then you can try to get S$38.90 per month or S$37.90 per month or whatever best offer you can negotiate. Or you can negotiate to get a pair of routers..

Note:
This is much better than my SMS recontract offer (S$39.90 per month with a pair of Askey Wifi 5 mesh).

Last edited:

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice one. Looks like for new sign-up only. But for recontract users, you can try to negotiate with SingTel to see if you can get the same offer.

This is much better than my SMS recontract offer (S$39.90 per month with a pair of Askey Wifi 5 mesh).
May I know where can I negotiate with SingTel? Their WA chat is like dead. Call center is cmi too. The CSO told me the current plan is $47.90 lol.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know where can I negotiate with SingTel? Their WA chat is like dead. Call center is cmi too. The CSO told me the current plan is $47.90 lol.

Call them and ask to be transferred to the retention department, as per previous report. I usually took whatever SMS offer they gave me, the SMS link would bring me to SingTel WhatsApp channel.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Call them and ask to be transferred to the retention department, as per previous report. I usually took whatever SMS offer they gave me, the SMS link would bring me to SingTel WhatsApp channel.
Some of their CSOs are like blur sotong lol. It's like testing your luck.

Update: Has been offered with $38.90 per month.

Last edited:

nnmn732

Reaction score
thanks. ill be removing the tplink router as i can use it elsewhere.

went with the 750 cause ill need to use wireless backhaul as there are no LAN ports anywhere else except at the living room for the TV.

So:
DB: ONR LAN port -> Lan Port A
Living Room: Lan Port A -> Main orbi router -> singtel tv box
near bedrooms: satellite orbi node (wireless)

My worry is just that the main orbi router has a strong enough signal that my devices hang onto it and dont connect to the nearer satellite node but this should be better anyway than my current setup.

Looking forward to it arriving.
Update: this worked great. though a bit expensive. i now get 750 mbps download speed in the problematic room. was getting less than 100 before.

abstrax

Reaction score
Sharing my experience with Singtel customer service today.

My 1Gbps broadband contact is ending soon. Last week, I contacted them just to ask about when would be the correct time to request for termination. I was told 7-days before expiry date. Fine. I'm not completely decided, however. There's a part of me that still thinks Singtel is ok and wants to continue.

Fast forward to this week. I noticed a non-optimal routing to a DNS service I use (nextdns). I notice in my traceroute when using a MyRepublic connection that the nextdns servers appear to be hosted at Singtel's data centre. MR route goes via Equinix to Singtel to nextdns. But ironically, when I access nextdns on Singtel broadband, the packets travel out to Hong Kong before before returning to Singapore.

Sent a text via WA and was attended by agent Marlowe. Marlowe started by asking me what was the reason I wanted this optimisation. I said latency for DNS servers should be as low as possible.

Marlowe then asked me a series of unrelated questions: what router I was using, connected via ONR or ONT. When I said I was on ONR in bridge mode, Marlowe was shocked and asked how I managed to get bridge mode when I was not on 1 + 1 Gaming bundle. I replied that I managed to request for it before Singtel stopped entertaining such requests.

After checking my records, Marlowe then noted that I already had a case ID from my conversation with them last week (which was completely unrelated to the routing issue). And the conversation stopped right there. Didn't even want to continue talking to me.

Bravo, Singtel! I'm putting this on record for everyone to see. Considering I was actually thinking about re-contracting, any Singtel management reading this can thank your customer service agent Marlowe for actually driving a customer away. My mind is definitely made up now.

And for everyone else on Singtel or considering Singtel, let this be a warning to you. Singtel does not care about you as a customer. And for power users on ONT or Bridge mode, the fact that their customer service seems so shocked that anyone can have such an unusual configuration shows they fully intend to clamp down on this.
I already left them since WC 2014. Been with them for a decade since ADSL 256k.
Reason for leaving them is "blocked all live streaming site for WC 2014". Only can subscribe to their MIO TV to watch WC. Thats where I fed up.

The CSO also assure me that they never blocked. And I ask him back : "Why I use M1 3G service on my mobile phone can watch and I use ST BB and I can't get to the website?" He reply : "............."

sour20

Reaction score
Managed to get an EA7500 and setting it up as a repeater took a while. Flashed the firmware for the retail one, and finally managed to get it connected to the wireless by connecting the EA7500 with LAN. Setting it as repeater keeps failing when configuring over wireless.

Indeed as advised, with LAN I can get 400-500 Mbps, and with wireless I am seeing around 40-50% speed improvements in speed test, so around 200 Mbps is possible. Great advice!

Final setup, ONR -> Mesh Router ----- EA7500v2 (wireless repeater) ---- wireless to my laptop

I will purchase a long LAN cable and connect it with LAN soon but now I know I can get 4-500 Mbps if I do that ;)

kelx01

Reaction score
Been with Singtel since dial up days. Have never received any recontract offers from them. Need to ownself go look for them basket.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been with Singtel since dial up days. Have never received any recontract offers from them. Need to ownself go look for them basket.

I see. It is good to check with them if you are paying more than S$39.90 per month (with free Wifi 5 router). With Wifi 6 router the offer is at S$42.90 per month.

I have Singtel Fibre, Singtel TV and Singtel SIM Only (2 lines) now. I used to be a Singtel Circle Member (from Sept 2013 to Jan 2022) with Singtel Fibre and Singtel Mobile Combo 2 Plan) . But I think you do not need to have Singtel TV or Singtel mobile to get the above mentioned recontract offer. You have to have good negotiation power or luck to get lower offer (eg: S$37.90 per month or even lower).

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may i know how do u get this offer? singtel recontract or new line?

Recontract.

There is a good offer here as shared by probablye before. As per the terms and conditions, this is only for targeted customers. You can still try it to see if they accept. If not, you can contact Singtel and ask to be transferred to retention department. Then use your best negotiation power to get the best cost...

I have cancelled my Singtel broadband, but no reason for me not to share this link with those who want it:
https://singtel.com/fibrecampaign
Recontract 1Gbps at $34.90 - lowest price I've seen so far, with 12-months Amazon Prime and Home Protect.
I think it's valid until the end of November only.

1Gbps Fibre Broadband with a pair of Askey WiFi Mesh at $34.90/mth (U.P. $54.90/mth).
1Gbps Mesh (WiFi 6) plan with a pair of WiFi 6 Mesh Extenders at $45.90/mth (U.P. $62.90/mth).

Terms and condtions:
https://www.singtel.com/content/dam/singtel/Ads_TermsAndConditions/V1E_FibreRecon_Oct22_TNCs.pdfAll offers are valid till 28 November 2022 and for existing Fibre Broadband and Singtel TV customers only. Promotion is applicable only to customers who received this mailer.

But for recontract users without the targeted offer, you can still try to negotiate with SingTel to see if you can get the same offer or as low as possible offer.

S$39.90 per month with single free Wifi router and S$42.90 per month with single Wifi 6 rotuer are the two baselines.

Then you can try to get S$38.90 per month or S$37.90 per month or whatever best offer you can negotiate. Or you can negotiate to get a pair of routers. If you want the Wifi 6 routers, the price will be higher.

Note:

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may i know how do u get this offer? singtel recontract or new line?

If you want to sign up with SIngtel as new user, you can check out the offer here.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/pr...alogue&utm_campaign=23-Sep-fibre-switch-fibre
5 FREE months of 1Gbps (WiFi 5) Fibre Broadband (U.P. $49.90/mth)
- Comes with Dual-Band Wireless Access Point

1Gbps (WIFi 5) Fibre Broadband at $39.90/mth (U.P. $49.90/mth)
- Comes with Dual-Band Wireless Access Point

4 FREE months of 1Gbps (WiFi 6) Enhanced (U.P. $52.90/mth)
- Comes with Singtel WiFi 6 Device

1Gbps (WiFi 6) Enhanced at $42.90/mth (U.P. $52.90/mth)
- Comes with Singtel WiFi 6 Device

1Gbps Plus at $49.90/mth (U.P. $62.90/mth)
- Comes with Linksys E9450 WiFi 6 Router

1Gbps Pro Gamer at $54.90/mth (U.P $66.90/mth)
- Comes with ASUS WiFi 6 Gaming Router

But you do need to take note that new users will get ONR and there are limitations with the ONR, especially if you have a powerful router.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/singapore-isp-comparisons.6665380/post-144953074

darkmage06

Reaction score
Is the Singtel WiFi 6 router (1Gbps WiFi Enhanced) better than M1 ASUS AX55/TP-link Archer AX72?

Should I go for M1 new sign up to get the router at $39.90/mth?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the Singtel WiFi 6 router (1Gbps WiFi Enhanced) better than M1 ASUS AX55/TP-link Archer AX72?

Should I go for M1 new sign up to get the router at $39.90/mth?

Are you currently with Singtel or not? If not, you may not want to sign up with Singtel due to the limitation of Singtel ONR. Rather you should consider staying with your current ISP or consider M1/Starhub.

Read the post here:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/singapore-isp-comparisons.6665380/page-8#post-144953074https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/singapore-isp-comparisons.6665380/ (first post)

If you are currently with Singtel and have no issues, then no point to switch.

DO NOT USE the FREE BUNDLED ROUTER as the base for choosing ISPs. In general, it is better to buy your own router as the free router is not really good. Or in some case, buy the higher end router from the ISP if it is a good deal (eg: M1 GT-AX6000 is a superb deal).

But anyway, this is just my personal opionion and many are still using the free router as the base for choosing ISPs becuase they may rely on ISP to provide the technical support (even though the technical support is in general not good).

tweeety

Reaction score
Are you currently with Singtel or not? If not, you may not want to sign up with Singtel due to the limitation of Singtel ONR. Rather you should consider staying with your current ISP or consider M1/Starhub.

Read the post here:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/singapore-isp-comparisons.6665380/page-8#post-144953074https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/singapore-isp-comparisons.6665380/ (first post)

If you are currently with Singtel and have no issues, then no point to switch.

DO NOT USE the FREE BUNDLED ROUTER as the base for choosing ISPs. In general, it is better to buy your own router as the free router is not really good. Or in some case, buy the higher end router from the ISP if it is a good deal (eg: M1 GT-AX6000 is a superb deal).

But anyway, this is just my personal opionion and many are still using the free router as the base for choosing ISPs becuase they may rely on ISP to provide the technical support (even though the technical support is in general not good).
im not very technical.

but y dont use the free bundle router?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.