[Singtel] iPhone Pro/13 availability and discussions [No Sales/Trades/Flip]

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Totally agree, iPhone nothing special
Btw I am an Apple fan

My current iPhone still good to use
I can wait no queue then buy if wanted
Last time yearly upgrade was impressive, major functionality like Touch ID, Face ID, etc…

Now kinda boring minor upgrades over the past 2 years… I also die-hard Apple fan, just that I feel disappointed… now changing iPhone is like changing for the sake of changing.

Camera upgrade has no significant value to me as I prefer real camera 🙃 I’d prefer a notchless iPhone or under screen Touch ID, these would be the selling points to many of those who view camera upgrade as minor upgrade.

dirtysock

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Me too, the delivery guy open my phone and turn on and say $15 voucher will be send to my email.

Just by turning on, singtel know that it's activated? I didn't even put sim card inside the handphone.

Huh, how come delivery guy will open phone. Normally they dont do that.

:bandit:

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can ask them don’t open but don’t have the $15 i asked the person he don’t even know the $15 is for what later is for singtel shop acc lol

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
I will be getting the 128GB.
Seems like most people here are heavy users going for higher capacity, 512GB or more.
If it is really due to usage, then it is understandable.

But are there other reasons besides usage?
Eg. for future resale, or for the 4K PRORES?

for future resale, isn't it the same? cos you pay more now. (remember we put usage aside)
for 4K PRORES, is it really useful for normal consumers? I heard even 1 min of 4K PRORES video is going to take up 6GB!!

Remember there's no consumer level camera on market now (let alone mobile phone) that's capable of taking ProRes internally. So normal consumer will benefit? highly unlikely. In addition, we dont know the variants of ip13 ProRes, likely an exclusive to iphone that's more compress.

Lastly ProRes format will not "make" your video better, its solely for post production. Then again, the nxt qns is why post production video shoot by iphone?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check with the experts here, is it possible to ask not to open the box when getting your new iPhone from telco? From SingTel/StarHub/M1?

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check with the experts here, is it possible to ask not to open the box when getting your new iPhone from telco? From SingTel/StarHub/M1?
ALL iPhone that leave the store MUST be unboxed and activated! No matter how you ask or how you argue, no means no. It is a store policy.

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Kitty plush toy McDonald’s ? 🤣🤣🤣
🤣 no lah, some hype street brand

Hello Kitty that one is history sia, I remember going my nearest McD damn early but not 2am that early lah, eat finish their breakfast menu, straight away Q outside the store 🤣

sword28

Reaction score
Remember there's no consumer level camera on market now (let alone mobile phone) that's capable of taking ProRes internally. So normal consumer will benefit? highly unlikely. In addition, we dont know the variants of ip13 ProRes, likely an exclusive to iphone that's more compress.

Lastly ProRes format will not "make" your video better, its solely for post production. Then again, the nxt qns is why post production video shoot by iphone?
I understand PRORES is for post video production.
And yes exactly! for serious pro videography that needs post production, why use iPhone?
So I feel we should select the phone capacity purely based on usage, and not based on resale and 4K PRORES.

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I understand PRORES is for post video production.
And yes exactly! for serious pro videography that needs post production, why use iPhone?
So I feel we should select the phone capacity purely based on usage, and not based on resale and 4K PRORES.
Sometimes when you’re out travelling, you don’t want to carry heavy camera gears, iPhone come in handy.

Or you’re out walking, suddenly feel creative, but you don’t have your pro camera with you, iPhone also come in handy.

🤣

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.