Singtel ONR AP Issues

i_dun_understand

Reaction score
You have to use two VLAN enabled switches (two TL-SG105E shown in the picture) to carry both MR Internet and Singtel TV using one Ethernet Cable connection (shown as trunk in the picture).

Take note he has standalone Singtel TV subscription without Singtel Fibre Internet. He is using MR for Fibre Internet.
Apologies if my enquiry is not clear.

The 8 port switch in the picture need another configuration ? or just plug and play ? or not required at all and able to connect it to the Wireless router directly ?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apologies if my enquiry is not clear.

The 8 port switch in the picture need another configuration ? or just plug and play ? or not required at all and able to connect it to the Wireless router directly ?

The 8-port switch (dumb switch, no need to be VLAN capable) is not needed in the picture. But he may have other connections not shown in the picture.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is probably a VLAN adventure but there is another simpler work-around.

Just change your RT-AC1200G+ to Singtel Mesh Router and use another Singtel Mesh Router in the living room. You can buy Singtel Mesh router at around S$20 to S$30 from Carousell. So total investment is about S$40 to S$60.

1) Singtel ONT -- Singtel Mesh Router 1 as main router -- Ethernet Cable -- Singtel Mesh Router 2 in AP mode
2) Singtel Mesh Router 2 in AP mode --> Singtel TV box + other devices

Hi Xiaofan, how are you?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge on the singtel ONR.

Currently my main singtel router allow free wireless access to public thru this router ( not within my control to disable ) , can I check if I decide to add another mesh router behind this router and connect cctvs to it, will i be able to prevent public traffic into this second router which is behind the first router? so as to prevent accessing to my camera webpage or scanning of devices behind the second router.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Xiaofan, how are you?
Thank you for sharing your knowledge on the singtel ONR.
Currently my main singtel router allow free wireless access to public thru this router ( not within my control to disable ) , can I check if I decide to add another mesh router behind this router and connect cctvs to it, will i be able to prevent public traffic into this second router which is behind the first router? so as to prevent accessing to my camera webpage or scanning of devices behind the second router.

There is no such thing as your main "SingTel router allows free wireless access to public". Just set it up with proper password.

If you forget the password, you should be able to reset it.

What is the model of your existing Singtel wireless router? If it is too old, you may want to replace it. For example, the S$10 SingTel Mesh Router from Carousell should be better than the older SingTel AC Plus.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.