SingTel prepaid port over to postpaid - which way to get it done and cheap

Yihaoong

Reaction score
Singtel Prepaid can convert to Starhub Prepaid?

Am I reading this correctly?

Has anybody else done this also ?

Prepaid to Prepaid Yes Possible at main store!

Postpaid to PostPaid Yes Possible at most store.

Prepaid to Postpaid (At same Telco)

Postpaid to Prepaid (NO YOU CANT)

matrix05

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prepaid to Prepaid Yes Possible at main store!

Postpaid to PostPaid Yes Possible at most store.

Prepaid to Postpaid (At same Telco)

Postpaid to Prepaid (NO YOU CANT)
So now prepaid can go postpaid? That shd be the most impt question for this thread.

firesong

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So now prepaid can go postpaid? That shd be the most impt question for this thread.
Confirmed cannot

You can convert from a Prepaid card to a postpaid card. I did it for someone from Prepaid to Seniors plan. Another friend, from Prepaid to GOMO, then from GOMO to ST SIM-Only.

You cannot port operators in the process - the conversion needs to happen in the same operator, then you can port out from there. Note that some have a minimum service duration before porting, so read the T&C carefully.
But you can port prepaid to another prepaid, then convert to postpaid at the new operator.

You cannot convert from Postpaid to Prepaid though.

decibels

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As fair as I know, on Gomo website they said can switch over for free (besides paying $20 upfront for Gomo). I just did it in May this year.

Singtel Prepaid to Singtel Postpaid - FOC and then to Gomo ($20/$30 plan)

Just go to a Singtel store and tell them you have a Singtel Prepaid card and want to switch to Gomo, they will give you a Singtel Postpaid sim only starter pack (valid for one month) for free. Just have to switch over by signing up on Gomo before the expiry of the credits.
Can i get the starter kit sim card but port to other MVNO (Eg circles life) instead of Gomo ?

I have a singtel prepaid card but wanted circles life instead

mindycwc

Reaction score
How about switching from Singtel prepaid to Giga? Is it the same process where I need to convert to Singtel postpaid, and then port in to giga? I can head down to any Singtel store to get my prepaid converted to postpaid?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.