Singtel WiFi: Get WiFi both in and out of your home!

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
With Singtel WiFi, you can surf like you’re home, even when you’re not.

WsynOwO.jpg

Singtel Fibre Broadband customers get to enjoy WiFi speeds of up to 5 times faster than regular WiFi for free with Singtel WiFi at over 900 hotspots!
With more than 900 hotspots islandwide, you can enjoy your mobile games and stream your favourite TV shows like you do at home. Save on your mobile data as you connect seamlessly from 4G to Singtel WiFi at places you frequent, such as food courts, MRT stations, popular shopping malls and McDonald’s restaurants if you’re our Singtel Fibre Broadband customer.

With Singtel Wifi, you can:
  • Get complimentary Singtel WiFi Access for 1 device if you are a Singtel Broadband subscriber.
  • Surf 5x faster than regular WiFi services, at a typical speed of 4-10Mbps.
  • Get WiFi coverage at more than 900 hotspots nationwide, including popular shopping malls and MRT stations.
  • Enjoy unlimited data usage at Singtel WiFi hotspots till 30 September 2017!

Eligibility

kMlAjc9.jpg

All you need to do is complete a one-time registration here to enjoy Singtel WiFi today!

Last edited:

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Enjoy Singtel WiFi at more than 1000 hotspots now

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sharing of the recent upgrade of Singtel WIFI

Declaration: This is just a simple sharing post which contains the qualitative content for Singtel WIFI service. This is not a sponsored post and is purely my personal opinion.

I'm not sure how many people do use singtel WIFI, but i personally do since its free and unlimited as of now.

Recently i was dining at Food Republic at Westgate, i hooked myself up to the singtel WIFI as usual, but discovered something surprising.

Take a look here:
Screenshot_20170208-173335_zpsxi4q6olb.png

Its wireless AC protocol on 2x2 spatial streams, connected to 5Ghz.

This is indeed surprising, because comparing to wireless@sg, it is not even a close competition.

After realising this, immediately did a speed test on 2 different timing, several minutes apart as i need to take a few messages.

Here they are:
1)
Screenshot_20170208-173504_zps4gxj7mji.png

2)
Screenshot_20170208-173446_zps3flrszvz.png

From the speeds above, it is almost conclusive that the speed on wifi is definitely capable of streaming media content, such as 4K if you want. Usual 4K streaming requires speed higher than 20mbps according to Netflix, which the article is published on the internet and you can simply google it for the source.

So for those with singtel wifi and are not using it, please do make full use of whats available and save your data consumption for instances where no singtel wifi is available.

So in conclusion, this post is just to bring awareness to singtel subscribers who have singtel wifi but was under the impression that it doesn't work as well as expected, thus simply forgoing this service which aims to supplement the data bundle.

Caveat: The food court was reasonably crowded, as the time was approaching 6pm. Of course, the access point which singtel WIFI is using will automatically steer the devices to other bands and you won't get wireless AC all the time, depending on the environment and the crowd. You will experience slowness in connecting to singtel wifi and be given an IP address sometimes, but this is due to the crowd and the number of people trying to access it concurrently. If you know how wifi works with mu-mimo, the access point can only handle traffic one device at a time. 10 users trying to connect to the wifi and you are the 10th, then you just have to wait for the 9 users in front of you to get connected first.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found that SingTel WiFi in Jurong Point quite bad even they have a SingTelShop there. It used to be good. I had to disable SingTel WiFi and go for 4G in Jurong Point (I live near to Jurong Point). It is worse than the Jurong Point Free WiFi and even Wireless@SG there.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found that SingTel WiFi in Jurong Point quite bad even they have a SingTelShop there. It used to be good. I had to disable SingTel WiFi and go for 4G in Jurong Point (I live near to Jurong Point). It is worse than the Jurong Point Free WiFi and even Wireless@SG there.
Just to be fair to SingTel, the free WiFi is of course useful when it is working.

Today it seems to be a good day, lunch time at Kopitiam Jurong Point , using Speedtest app and SingTel server under iPhone 6S and I got 61.1Mbps Download / 87.3Mbps Upload speed. That is pretty good.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your feedback.

In addition to Jurong Point, Singtel WiFi is currently available at more than 1800 hotspots in shopping malls and Singtel shops across Singapore, and the list of hotspots is available here.

Just to be fair to SingTel, the free WiFi is of course useful when it is working.

Today it seems to be a good day, lunch time at Kopitiam Jurong Point , using Speedtest app and SingTel server under iPhone 6S and I got 61.1Mbps Download / 87.3Mbps Upload speed. That is pretty good.

Last edited:

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel,
I have been checking for this info about the bundled mobile broadband that come with the fibre plan for myself, relatives and friends but cant find it yet. Can you help me?
For the mobile broadband line, can we receive calls and make calls with it?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel,
I have been checking for this info about the bundled mobile broadband that come with the fibre plan for myself, relatives and friends but cant find it yet. Can you help me?
For the mobile broadband line, can we receive calls and make calls with it?

you cannot make call or receive call with the mobile broadband service that comes free with the fibre broadband. However, you can receive sms for free, outgoing sms will be chargeable.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noticed that SpeedTest shows “SingTel Enterprise” when I connect to SingTel WIFI beside Jurong Point SingTelShop. And speed is pretty slow.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/2959177401
15.0Mbps up and 25.7 Mbps down.

Just a comparison, I go one level up in Jurong Point Bus Interchange and use the Wireless@SGx provided by M1, speed is faster.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/2959183330

29.6Mbps up and 30.6Mbps down.

Maybe this “SingTel Enterprise” provides lousy WiFi compared to other SingTel WiFi. Kind of strange.

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

my6600

Reaction score

To be fair, the SingTel wifi is considered quite reliable if there is coverage.
Speed wise etc is totally fine. No difference comparing to using mobile data.

Just that the XO plans look more attractive. Super high data quota for all-day usage and again comes with free weekend data. So technically no need SingTel wifi at all.

koohansen

Master Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread, any way to permanently opt-out of the Free Wi-Fi ?
I know I can turn off my WiFi, but I would not want to risk wasting my data if i'm at home/office.

It has become a daily irritation as some places this automatically becomes an "Airplane Mode" It's practically useless, even interfered with Safe Entry when it connects to the mall wifi, no data hence error.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread, any way to permanently opt-out of the Free Wi-Fi ?
I know I can turn off my WiFi, but I would not want to risk wasting my data if i'm at home/office.

It has become a daily irritation as some places this automatically becomes an "Airplane Mode" It's practically useless, even interfered with Safe Entry when it connects to the mall wifi, no data hence error.

I agree it becomes useless right now in many cases.

Have you tried to forget SingTel WiFi? Click it and then check if there is an option "forget network".

Edit to add: Just tried it myself in Jurong Point and yes you can use the above to opt out of the two SingTel WiFi SSIDs.

You can use the same for Wireless@SGx if you get enough data, now that Wireless@SGx also gets slow in many places.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.