SIT Allied Healthcare

Kimotama Joshin

Reaction score
SIT Physiotherapy

Hey all, just a helpful suggestion to avoid any miscommunication:

Google Search "SIT MMI Dates" and select the very first result. I can't post URLs yet. That has *ALL* the necessary info about when the interviews and offer acceptance periods are.

As for myself, I got the interview for Physiotherapy. Trying to see if I can get into the accelerated program (2 years 8 months instead of full 4 years), going in as a PCP Applicant. We'll see how my application goes, this is my 2nd time I've applied!:s12:

xpeach

Reaction score
Hey all, just a helpful suggestion to avoid any miscommunication:

Google Search "SIT MMI Dates" and select the very first result. I can't post URLs yet. That has *ALL* the necessary info about when the interviews and offer acceptance periods are.

As for myself, I got the interview for Physiotherapy. Trying to see if I can get into the accelerated program (2 years 8 months instead of full 4 years), going in as a PCP Applicant. We'll see how my application goes, this is my 2nd time I've applied!:s12:

Hi I’m pretty sure everyone who applies know about the URL so don’t worry, don’t have to post the url. Forum are just fyi and for people to share their experiences. good luck with your application :)

Kimotama Joshin

Reaction score
Noted...

Hi I’m pretty sure everyone who applies know about the URL so don’t worry, don’t have to post the url. Forum are just fyi and for people to share their experiences. good luck with your application :)

Good to know, but judging from the crap-nado that resulted from my last comment on the other board, looks like some people don't know the URL. Just a friendly reminder, just trying to be helpful to everyone!:D

Thanks, it's my 2nd time applying for Physiotherapy.

How did your application and interview go?

Kimotama Joshin

Reaction score
Do yall know of anyone who has received allied health offers recently? :s31:

Can't say for sure. Like I mentioned previously;) , the MMIs have just concluded on Wednesday 17th (see my post in this thread), so I doubt anyone would get anything.

What did you apply for? When did you go for your MMI?

grassysprout

Reaction score
Can't say for sure. Like I mentioned previously;) , the MMIs have just concluded on Wednesday 17th (see my post in this thread), so I doubt anyone would get anything.

What did you apply for? When did you go for your MMI?

Hey I applied for PT and I went for my MMI on 16 april. Yeah I'm just curious because in the previous years some people received their offers even before the MMIs were over :eek:

xpeach

Reaction score
Good to know, but judging from the crap-nado that resulted from my last comment on the other board, looks like some people don't know the URL. Just a friendly reminder, just trying to be helpful to everyone!:D

Thanks, it's my 2nd time applying for Physiotherapy.

How did your application and interview go?

Not so sure how my interview went tbh, got email 19 mar interview offer for physio, 25mar attended, till now application processing.

zkillers

Reaction score
Good luck to all applying for AH courses! Hope you'll receive a favorable outcome!

Trying to see if I can get into the accelerated program (2 years 8 months instead of full 4 years), going in as a PCP Applicant. We'll see how my application goes, this is my 2nd time I've applied!:s12:

Anyway I am wondering if you know how the accelerated programme is structured? I've got friends in the different programmes who are stressed out with the workload. Not too sure how packed the curriculum will be for the accelerated programme. My guess is that you'll get exemptions for foundation modules (not PT specific) and matriculate into the second year and take similar modules as them.

Either way to all students, brace yourself for one hell of a ride in SIT! It is gonna be fun, intense and at times will cause sleepless nights in school.

Tips for future students, if you live far away from Dover and you have no school but require space for group work/study, you can use SIT campuses in other polys.

p.s. trimester academic calendar is crazy....

Last edited:

Snowcitythree

Reaction score
Hi guys for those asking on allied health, I applied on 25th Feb, went for interview on 12th April and I received my offer for physio today (25th April)

PhyChemHist

Reaction score
Hello guys / future classmates / batchmates,

Would like to ask if y'all might know if there are any IT fair / campus roadshows upcoming for SIT?

Cos the SIT student life website doesn't say much, and in order to do matriculation, I need a laptop (which my previous one is spoilt LOL:s13:).

So just wondering if allied health courses might have laptop recommendations or specific requirements (which I believe is don't have la)

Have a good day y'all~ ;)

zkillers

Reaction score
Hello guys / future classmates / batchmates,

Would like to ask if y'all might know if there are any IT fair / campus roadshows upcoming for SIT?

Cos the SIT student life website doesn't say much, and in order to do matriculation, I need a laptop (which my previous one is spoilt LOL:s13:).

So just wondering if allied health courses might have laptop recommendations or specific requirements (which I believe is don't have la)

Have a good day y'all~ ;)

There isn't any specific laptop requirements for healthcare students. I think the most resource heavy application you'll run on your laptop will be the SPSS statistical analysis application. I've got friends who survived uni on Macbook air (not advisable) any decent laptop will do.

From my time there, I don't remember seeing any fairs, however, there are sale posters in front of student life office. However, I don't think it is that significant. You may get better deals from IT fairs.

PhyChemHist

Reaction score
There isn't any specific laptop requirements for healthcare students. I think the most resource heavy application you'll run on your laptop will be the SPSS statistical analysis application. I've got friends who survived uni on Macbook air (not advisable) any decent laptop will do.

From my time there, I don't remember seeing any fairs, however, there are sale posters in front of student life office. However, I don't think it is that significant. You may get better deals from IT fairs.

Hey, thanks for your reply! By any chance are you a senior from allied health ? Now need to shop for a decent lappy alr

Goul_01

Reaction score

Why macbook air is not advisable?

zkillers

Reaction score
Why macbook air is not advisable?

Personally, it is the port selection or lack there of. Usually in school, you will need to present your cases in seminars or what not. The lack of any visual ports means that you will always need to carry an extra dongle. Furthermore, it is very underpowered. Apps like SPSS can take a while to load and run. However, it is ultra portable. So it is a question of portability over power.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.