SMU Computer Science (BSc CS) 2019 Intake

polymath

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I received an offer from SMU CS and has accepted the offer.

As this year is their first intake, I am having a lot of questions.

If you are future classmates, received SMU CS offer, or waiting for an interview/result, please share your experience and your thoughts about the course here. :s12:

Hopefully, we can get enough responses for future incoming batches of CS students to refer to.

Last edited:

Csrock

Reaction score
I have got is offer
And gonna request to change to cs
I’m pretty sure I would get it but contemplating if cs is better than IS it not

Since it’s first batch and won’t be able to get notes from seniors and if the prospects are good ?

What do you think

Last edited:

polymath

Reaction score
I have got is offer
And gonna request to change to cs
I’m pretty sure I would get it but contemplating if cs is better than IS it not

Since it’s first batch and won’t be able to get notes from seniors and if the prospects are good ?

What do you think
I believe that there is no right answer to whether CS or IS is better. It depends on your objective and what suits you.

But SMU has experience in teaching IS for years and I believe that their curriculum has matured and are widely recognized by the industry while we will be the first batch taking their CS course. This was my biggest dilemma in choosing my offers.

Their CS curriculum seems to be harder than their IS and the interviewers did warn me that there will be tough math modules if I got into the course. A few of my friends applied to CS but get IS offer instead. But at the same time, they are conditionally offered to transfer to the CS is they score a GPA of a minimum of 3.4 in the first year.

I am not sure about the prospects but it seems like they are only taking in 1 class (45 students) and their admission requirement seems to be quite tight (based on the conditional offer minimum GPA to transfer) and I believe that this class might consist of a very fun bunch of people.

Csrock

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I received an offer from SMU CS and has accepted the offer.

As this year is their first intake, I am having a lot of questions.

If you are future classmates, received SMU CS offer, or waiting for an interview/result, please share your experience and your thoughts about the course here. :s12:

Hopefully, we can get enough responses for future incoming batches of CS students to refer to.

Btw are you this year batch ?
I am this year batch applicant

Nata83

Reaction score
Hello!
I received a CS offer yesterday and will most likely be accepting it :) I've been trying to find people who have also received the offer but this is the only place I've found so far

polymath

Reaction score
Hello!
I received a CS offer yesterday and will most likely be accepting it :) I've been trying to find people who have also received the offer but this is the only place I've found so far
Nice, this year batch too?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.