SMU Msc in Applied Finance 2020-2021

HOSPSP

Reaction score
My personal take is, colleges are charging too much for masters program. In view of the covid situation, many unis might go bankrupt (https://www.timeshighereducation.co...ould-bankrupt-dozen-uk-universities-ifs-warns).

I mean it is good if you have spare cash and give up your full-time job. U are in the part time course right? I think getting internships more impt first.

lets keep in touch :s22:
Yep, I'm in the part-time course and will definitely try to get internships.

Sure, let's keep in touch. Please PM me.

Ciaoyang

Reaction score

Sure, let's keep in touch. Please PM me.[/QUO

I’ve been accepted for MAF 21/22 Patt time. Just want to enquire how’s the course for u so far

astridquillon

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just got accepted into SMU's Msc in Applied Finance (part time), due to start in late Jul/Aug.

Is there anyone else who also got accepted (full time or part time)?

Maybe we can link up.

Cheers

Hi HOSPSP, hope this message finds you well. Thank you for taking the time to read and reply my message.

I am a prospective part-time student for SMU Masters in Applied Finance, but I am considering switching to full-time. I am considering this because my friend (with a Bachelor's Degree in Finance from SMU) is telling me that the coursework is heavy and it would be near impossible to balance the masters with my full-time job (I work in a government agency - work is 8.30am to 6pm every weekday. I rarely OT.)

I would appreciate your insight as to how you are coping with your part-time masters. Based on your experience, would you recommend me to make the switch from part-time to full-time? Any other advice for a prospective student? Much appreciated. Hope you are doing well in your studies! All the best for your future endeavours!

Ciaoyang

Reaction score
Can the duration be stretched longer like 24 months part time or 30 months part time?

It’s a fixed 20 months programme.
The payment is split into four installment.
5.4K upon acceptance
13k (approx) in Aug 21 , jan 22 and June 22

Charlinchaploo

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've just gotten an offer from SMU for the MAF Aug2021 intake. Would love to connect if there is a group. Thanks!

Charlinchaploo

Reaction score
Hi HOSPSP, hope this message finds you well. Thank you for taking the time to read and reply my message.

I am a prospective part-time student for SMU Masters in Applied Finance, but I am considering switching to full-time. I am considering this because my friend (with a Bachelor's Degree in Finance from SMU) is telling me that the coursework is heavy and it would be near impossible to balance the masters with my full-time job (I work in a government agency - work is 8.30am to 6pm every weekday. I rarely OT.)

I would appreciate your insight as to how you are coping with your part-time masters. Based on your experience, would you recommend me to make the switch from part-time to full-time? Any other advice for a prospective student? Much appreciated. Hope you are doing well in your studies! All the best for your future endeavours!
Hi, wondering have you accepted the offer?

Wendy2022

Reaction score

Sure, let's keep in touch. Please PM me.
Hi, I have passed CFA lvl1 and I am thinking of applying MAF of SMU. How could I contact you to learn more about this program? Thanks in advance.

mikamico

Reaction score
For those who have attended the programme, appreciate if you can share more details on the modules - whether they are comprehensive and worth the time + money. Thanks!

YYCole

Reaction score
I did this course in 09, its an interesting course, but one suggestion i would made to you is to make full use of the student career office. They are really good and able to place you to places you might want to go.

John757

Reaction score
Hi may I please ask for alumni to share more of the program? I have recently been offered the part time track starting in 2023 but I would like to first ask how's the workload like for people who have taken the part time route? Also would there be any course planning to take note (etc which modules to take together)? Would really appreciate for any advice from the alumni thank you!

YYCole

Reaction score
I think part time is do-able. My time, there is only part time. Work-load is generally okish. just Sat half day will be gone for the lessons. Project work is reasonable so not going to be extremely bad for working adults.

John757

Reaction score
I think part time is do-able. My time, there is only part time. Work-load is generally okish. just Sat half day will be gone for the lessons. Project work is reasonable so not going to be extremely bad for working adults.
Thank you so much for the reply! Do you know whether usually are there many weekday lessons? Or mainly just lessons on Saturday

YYCole

Reaction score
I think there should be one week day night lesson. But best to check w current school schedule

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.