Sony TV Discussion Thread III

spette

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 65" X900H is still available anywhere to buy?

HN and BD offer X90J at $2,599, but there doesnt seem to be much of a step up from last years model so wanted to save a few bucks.

Also, do you guys think the X900F (2019 model) is still a good buy today?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 65" X900H is still available anywhere to buy?

HN and BD offer X90J at $2,599, but there doesnt seem to be much of a step up from last years model so wanted to save a few bucks.

Also, do you guys think the X900F (2019 model) is still a good buy today?
X950H still a better buy. Only X95J is comparable but too expensive.

Singrish

Reaction score
My Sony TV warranty expired today & as luck would have it this happened.

Got sound but looks like LCD issue? Sony X9000F 55”. Any idea how much out of warranty repair is & is it worth it? I mean generally does a repaired LCD last after that?

A bit painful to get a new 55” sia!

Kepller

Reaction score
My Sony TV warranty expired today & as luck would have it this happened.

Got sound but looks like LCD issue? Sony X9000F 55”. Any idea how much out of warranty repair is & is it worth it? I mean generally does a repaired LCD last after that?

A bit painful to get a new 55” sia!

That's quite unfortunate but consider contacting Sony to see if anything can be done? Hopefully they are able to close an eye since its just a day after the expiry, no harm trying especially since they charge a premium for their TVs in SG compared to the other countries.

Singrish

Reaction score
That's quite unfortunate but consider contacting Sony to see if anything can be done? Hopefully they are able to close an eye since its just a day after the expiry, no harm trying especially since they charge a premium for their TVs in SG compared to the other countries.
Yeah have submitted service request now waiting. But odd sia now its ok! I swear. Its like I turned off the main power & back on & it was still not working.

In total i on & off 5 times. Same. Final attempt its now ok.

petetherock

Reaction score
Get it repaired under warranty. Out of warranty repairs can be costly. That's why I also buy the extended warranties..

Singrish

Reaction score
Get it repaired under warranty. Out of warranty repairs can be costly. That's why I also buy the extended warranties..
Problem is now its ok. Even under warranty if sony comes & nothing wrong they will charge right? And I can’t insist they repair cos if its fine when they arrive then im stuck.

Singrish

Reaction score
Which is the highest end 55” full array model? A bit confused cos i see X95H on sony website but on sony online store website i don’t see it & the most expensive 55” is X90J.

Singrish

Reaction score
Anyone using KD-43X75 E51? My father bought it & when we tried updating OS there is a 700+MB update and after clicking restart nothing happens

Noting it says may take up to 30 mins we waited but screen was just black. I updated my X9000F a few times & screen was never black nor did it take so long.

We couldn’t even turn it back on so as last resort we off the mains & on again. TV came back on but the os didn’t update & there was a message about update error.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.