Sony unveils WF-1000XM3 truly wireless noise-cancelling earbuds

DigDub

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True, but it is due to its 10mm driver....

Btw, the salesman just commented that my ears are small :(

Galaxy buds live got 12mm drivers but fits flat into my ears. Nuarl and Sony earbuds they make till quite big, don't know why they don't try to make smaller.

Bonn

Master Member
Reaction score
Guess makes it too flat, the sound signature will change also. Maybe once someone opens the earbuds up and start comparing, then will know why their designs are like that. Surely physics in terms of sound comes into play.

Blueberrytea

Reaction score
Bought xm3 3 days back...on firmware 3.0.0

Music listening is damn shiok over my old buds+ but the call quality leaves much to be desired...crackling sound and often background noise will mask out my voice...

Any tips and tricks on improving call quality ?

thisisnotme1212

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Music listening is damn shiok over my old buds+ but the call quality leaves much to be desired...crackling sound and often background noise will mask out my voice...

moves to a quieters places? :(

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have u all look at ur self in the mirror when wearing?
cuz i noticed mine.. my buds sticks out alot of my ears.. like machiam 60-70% of the buds is sticking out of the ear. lol.
and the tip of the buds izzit pointing 90 deg to ur noise or to ur mouth? i saw ppl theirs can sit straight to their nose like tat.
hfCrNb3PLNU6DhSpuLDCYP-1200-80.jpg

cwelch_190702_3528_0008.jpg

mine is pointing to my mouth.

Last edited:

huitay

Reaction score
Same, mine pointing to the mouth. Sometimes when I run, the ear buds will drop off easily too.

cuz i noticed mine.. my buds sticks out alot of my ears.. like machiam 60-70% of the buds is sticking out of the ear. lol.
and the tip of the buds izzit pointing 90 deg to ur noise or to ur mouth? i saw ppl theirs can sit straight to their nose like tat.

WhiteHunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mine also pointing to my mouth.

Toader

Reaction score
Different people different ears design. Insert them downwards then while still stuffing them in slowly twist towards your mouth or nose depend on individual comfort. You should feel it somehow kind of "lock".

Blueberrytea

Reaction score

No matter how i position it , still does not do good call quality in noisy environment...hope more firmware update will come to address this issue...

For music using wf1000xm3,
For calls using galaxy buds live(so deep in yet clearer den sony...why😭

bakasora

Reaction score
Recently my wf1000xm3 getting sound stutter, sometimes sound cut like few seconds then resume. You guys experience this? So fast spoiling liao.

pathfinder6

Reaction score
No matter how i position it , still does not do good call quality in noisy environment...hope more firmware update will come to address this issue...

For music using wf1000xm3,
For calls using galaxy buds live(so deep in yet clearer den sony...why😭

Tried changing to foam tips?

Toader

Reaction score
Recently my wf1000xm3 getting sound stutter, sometimes sound cut like few seconds then resume. You guys experience this? So fast spoiling liao.

Many factors.

Isit updated to latest firmware or all parties firmware including headphone application and mobile firmware?

Did you drop it?

Immerse it under drizzle?

Its also probably the environment you are in a dense electromagnetic interference or heavy traffic where the vehicles move about. Another reason could also be your phone placement away from Bluetooth, or the way you cover the antenna.

If not then try close applications to free up ram and reboot your mobile phone.

And after tried still stutter badly, get it serviced.

Toader

Reaction score

Bring your phone to chest level and try again?

Toader

Reaction score
Same, mine pointing to the mouth. Sometimes when I run, the ear buds will drop off easily too.

When you twist your buds from downwards and towards your mouth /nose you should feel sort of a "lock". Thats the snug fit you should achieve.

bakasora

Reaction score

Many factors.

Isit updated to latest firmware or all parties firmware including headphone application and mobile firmware?

Did you drop it?

Immerse it under drizzle?

Its also probably the environment you are in a dense electromagnetic interference or heavy traffic where the vehicles move about. Another reason could also be your phone placement away from Bluetooth, or the way you cover the antenna.

If not then try close applications to free up ram and reboot your mobile phone.

And after tried still stutter badly, get it serviced.

I found out the reason. It was the tracetogether app. The app is constantly using bluetooth, so the earphone and app were fighting for bandwidth.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.