Sony unveils WF-1000XM3 truly wireless noise-cancelling earbuds

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
There's new firmware for both this earbud and the WF-SP800N . Described by Sony to improve Bluetooth connection stability.

cybertech

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone find their WF-1000XM3 battery life getting shorter? My set now can last less than 2 hours after fully charged and used to get about 3 hours previously.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone find their WF-1000XM3 battery life getting shorter? My set now can last less than 2 hours after fully charged and used to get about 3 hours previously.
Try to reset, mine got different percentages on each side, like 100% on one side and 70% in the other.

A full reset seems to solve the problems.

cybertech

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried the full reset does not help. Right side now getting worst, the most can last about 1 hour with fully charged. Left side also does not last long the most 1.5 to 2 hrs. Probably time to look for other wireless earbuds.

cybertech

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Swapped the internal battery between Left and Right earbud and now Right side can last about 2 hrs+ and Left side become can last 1 hr. So confirm is the battery holding charge deteriorate, going to order the battery replacement at ebay.

Seikirai

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommended site to buy Varta CP 1254 A3 battery ???

Seems like alot of knock-off batteries selling online....

cybertech

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommended site to buy Varta CP 1254 A3 battery ???

Seems like alot of knock-off batteries selling online....
Bought 2 pieces of LIR1255 (not exactly VARTA CP1254 but compatible) at UNICELL 2nd flr SLS. Cost $6.30 each so total $12.60. Now both my left and right earbuds can last 3 to 4 hrs with each full charge.

crazysupaman

Reaction score
hi guys~
can i ask whats the model "without google assistant" is it ori model and can i manually configure google assistant to it?
thanks!

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys~
can i ask whats the model "without google assistant" is it ori model and can i manually configure google assistant to it?
thanks!
The model without the google assistant is grey import unit that doesn’t have local Sony warranty. Since the price of the XM3 has come day to around $200, you should buy from local Sony or their authorized local dealers For full local warranty.

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
anyone went to sony care center at 313 for battery replcement before? isit onsite check and replacement?

my wf100xm3 seems to be having problem holding charge. after fully charge and not using for 1 day.
The Right earbud and charging case has dropped down to 70% without any use. Both earbus is in charging case throughout that 1 day.

precise

Reaction score
is it easy to DIY to change the earbud battery? I watched a few YouTube videos and seem relatively easy.

I checked with Sony service center... it costs $345 just to replace batteries. think they patronise me as a new set cost so much lesser.

wonder if they know what they are quoting make sense. instead they should just tell me it is beyond economical repair rather than quote me this nonsense price 😤

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it easy to DIY to change the earbud battery? I watched a few YouTube videos and seem relatively easy.

I checked with Sony service center... it costs $345 just to replace batteries. think they patronise me as a new set cost so much lesser.

wonder if they know what they are quoting make sense. instead they should just tell me it is beyond economical repair rather than quote me this nonsense price 😤

$345 for just batts replacement??? o_O Doesn’t make sense as new ones cost much lesser than that.

precise

Reaction score
I just placed an order of the xm3 battery .
it is $6.30 each.
will try to DIY based on YouTube video.
hopefully it is easy.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone went to sony care center at 313 for battery replcement before? isit onsite check and replacement?

my wf100xm3 seems to be having problem holding charge. after fully charge and not using for 1 day.
The Right earbud and charging case has dropped down to 70% without any use. Both earbus is in charging case throughout that 1 day.

I had this same problem on my XM3 when it was just bought as I got this leather case with a magnetic latch when I bought it together with the XM3. At first I thought the batt life wasn't good or got problem with the batteries as by the end of the day, was down to 30%. In the end found out was the magnet from the leather case that's draining the batt.

Perhaps yours needed battery replacement if already used for a long time. But at that price for battery replacement, might as well get the XM4 with some top up.

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
I had this same problem on my XM3 when it was just bought as I got this leather case with a magnetic latch when I bought it together with the XM3. At first I thought the batt life wasn't good or got problem with the batteries as by the end of the day, was down to 30%. In the end found out was the magnet from the leather case that's draining the batt.

Perhaps yours needed battery replacement if already used for a long time. But at that price for battery replacement, might as well get the XM4 with some top up.
Mine still under warranty, still need pay for battery replacement?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.