Sony WF-1000XM4 wireless earbuds release date, news and leaks

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Earbuds not even 1 year yet left side battery drains way faster than right. It's like what others have reported. I'll bring to Sony at 313 to exchange too...

Edit: Sent in. Have to wait 2 weeks while they "investigate". Why not just exchange on spot so I don't have to go back to their service centre again... Sony is so stingy.

Even ask me if I wanna exchange the foam tips. Won't give new one for free. Must exchange with old one during warranty period. Or else buy for $24 a pair... Stingy AF.

mv3g0R5.png

Last edited:

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my warranty ends on 1-Jul!

Time to go down and exchange my torn tips before warranty ends

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Earbuds not even 1 year yet left side battery drains way faster than right. It's like what others have reported. I'll bring to Sony at 313 to exchange too...

Edit: Sent in. Have to wait 2 weeks while they "investigate".
Got it back today. took almost 1 week. Received a refurbished set. No box, came with just a paper wrap... Also include new tips. Hope it won't spoil so fast.

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bummer … just barely 6 months on …
i’m now faced with super fast battery drain on R bud
started yesterday … turned off Voice Asst did little help
think it’s time to bring to 313 for exchange

side note : when out running … i’ll have problems with playback controls (R bud) …
won’t respond to multiple taps (instead Siri activated)
so i had Siri turned off thinking it’ll stop the uneven draining … but it seems apparent now my set is busted … as it seems to drain faster now then before

only issue is … 1 or 2 weeks awaiting replacement is tough when so accustomed to these babies !

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i’m wondering if the new firmware bricked (some of) the xm4 …

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i’m wondering if the new firmware bricked (some of) the xm4 …

Mine so far still ok on 1.4.2, though I think for faster batt draining on L side compared to R side is normal but not excessive. Seems like yours is the other way round, you may wish to monitor a little longer.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bummer … just barely 6 months on …
i’m now faced with super fast battery drain on R bud
started yesterday … turned off Voice Asst did little help
think it’s time to bring to 313 for exchange

side note : when out running … i’ll have problems with playback controls (R bud) …
won’t respond to multiple taps (instead Siri activated)
so i had Siri turned off thinking it’ll stop the uneven draining … but it seems apparent now my set is busted … as it seems to drain faster now then before

only issue is … 1 or 2 weeks awaiting replacement is tough when so accustomed to these babies !
Mine also heavy drain on R. Went to Sony to service. Got it back in 2 weeks. Now many becos R side is new, L side becomes drain faster 🤦

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine, now both L&R are erratic !
i did screenshots yday & today
will show them and hopefully no need to wait for investigation as i have proof of evidence … fingers crossed

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine so far still ok on 1.4.2, though I think for faster batt draining on L side compared to R side is normal but not excessive. Seems like yours is the other way round, you may wish to monitor a little longer.
Yeah I noticed mine drain on right bud.

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to update
i went 313 yday …

mine both sides drain …
and neither charges to 100% even after hours of charging (even when charging along with the case)
i also had been taking screenshots to hopefully use as proof of the situation hoping i could get a 1 to 1 on the spot
nope. their technicians still needs to investigate … so set have to be surrendered
was hoping at least i could continue using and then bring back when they inform me exchange set ready …
no luck
so now wait … hopefully 1 week, not 2

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
just to update
i went 313 yday …

mine both sides drain …
and neither charges to 100% even after hours of charging (even when charging along with the case)
i also had been taking screenshots to hopefully use as proof of the situation hoping i could get a 1 to 1 on the spot
nope. their technicians still needs to investigate … so set have to be surrendered
was hoping at least i could continue using and then bring back when they inform me exchange set ready …
no luck
so now wait … hopefully 1 week, not 2
Hope its the software error. So sudden many have problem...

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i don’t think so … coz the voice prompt says battery low … and then that earbud stops functioning …
I got a feeling this is a design flaw inside the case. Somehow, your earbud had allowance to move inside the case and disconnected from the charging pins. Then this caused battery drain as it's not charging and looking for your device to connect?

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
I got a feeling this is a design flaw inside the case. Somehow, your earbud had allowance to move inside the case and disconnected from the charging pins. Then this caused battery drain as it's not charging and looking for your device to connect?
Don't think so. Its so weird one shot so many having problems with one side...

Or the new firmware accidentally program something wrongly . Either one side / programmed touch button to consume more power.

My right touch program play, pause and fast forward and its the side draining more juice. What about your guys?

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think so. Its so weird one shot so many having problems with one side...

Or the new firmware accidentally program something wrongly . Either one side / programmed touch button to consume more power.

My right touch program play, pause and fast forward and its the side draining more juice. What about your guys?
I got the idea from Sennheiser TWS 3 users who also complained about battery drained completely and some users comment that the buds was not charging and was connected to their phone while in the case.

hellhole

Reaction score
I got the idea from Sennheiser TWS 3 users who also complained about battery drained completely and some users comment that the buds was not charging and was connected to their phone while in the case.
suddenly... after so long.. its doing that?

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
remains to be seen if indeed flaw lies with the case … bcoz i went down today to collect 8 days after i sent in my set.
they replaced both L & R buds, but the case is the exact i had all along.

and yes, with regards to earphones still connected to phone whilst in the case did happen to me too … but this was way before the draining issues surfaced.
the still connected to phone in case stopped about 2 weeks after it first happened.

fingers crossed this set will stand the test of time … if not, i hope it happens before Jan ends (15 months)

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
remains to be seen if indeed flaw lies with the case … bcoz i went down today to collect 8 days after i sent in my set.
they replaced both L & R buds, but the case is the exact i had all along.

and yes, with regards to earphones still connected to phone whilst in the case did happen to me too … but this was way before the draining issues surfaced.
the still connected to phone in case stopped about 2 weeks after it first happened.

fingers crossed this set will stand the test of time … if not, i hope it happens before Jan ends (15 months)
Hoped it will turned well for u. Headache to have issues and needed to send in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.