Sony WF-1000XM4 wireless earbuds release date, news and leaks

Rong626

Reaction score
As per commenters on reddit, US customers are reporting that Sony is no longer caring about out-of-warranty and is replacing the earbuds with no questions asked

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
What I feel is if the cause is due to manufacturing issue then the manufacturer should replace regardless of out of warranty or not.
Yeah this is an issue that Sony Japan acknowledged.

But nobody can advise me, want me go down 313 which may or may not charge me a fee.... Think I will find some time this weekend go down 313 try my luck...

asdfghjklffs

Reaction score
These few days my earbud occasionally auto disconnect then reconnect when connected to my laptop..
normally what happened is i using only 1 side. Then sometimes i pause the video then play, the video no sound. After a few sec, will have a shutdown(?) tone. Then another few sec later will auto reconnect. Doesnt happen too often, but still once in a while o_O

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is an issue that Sony Japan acknowledged.

But nobody can advise me, want me go down 313 which may or may not charge me a fee.... Think I will find some time this weekend go down 313 try my luck...
Yes, I’d like to know too. I guess I’m one of the lucky ones that juz experienced this issue - 90% to 0 in 25mins, what a joke!

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yes, I’d like to know too. I guess I’m one of the lucky ones that juz experienced this issue - 90% to 0 in 25mins, what a joke!
Yup. I got a shocked when the earpiece assistant say low battery warning. Full to 0 in around 30-35 minutes. Bloody ridiculous.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. I got a shocked when the earpiece assistant say low battery warning. Full to 0 in around 30-35 minutes. Bloody ridiculous.

That’s what happened to my left bud previously, full to 0% in 30mins. Right side was also draining but at a much slower rate, but still faster than normal. This was at 1.4.2. Sent both buds with case to Sony 313, waited 1 week and Sony replaced both buds and upgraded to 1.5.0. No more issues.Then, was still within the 3mths extended warranty.

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s what happened to my left bud previously, full to 0% in 30mins. Right side was also draining but at a much slower rate, but still faster than normal. This was at 1.4.2. Sent both buds with case to Sony 313, waited 1 week and Sony replaced both buds and upgraded to 1.5.0. No more issues.Then, was still within the 3mths extended warranty.
Ok just checked and thank gawd my set is still under warranty…so what do I have to bring down to Sony 313? Just the headset and case, don’t need box right?

radon

Reaction score
same situation for me.

radon

Reaction score
Ok just checked and thank gawd my set is still under warranty…so what do I have to bring down to Sony 313? Just the headset and case, don’t need box right?
Yes, the headset & case.
I arranged for pick up from my home, $7 bucks.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yup just the buds and the charging case, the rest they’ll take care of it.

hellhole

Reaction score
i hope you guys can at least get it replaced for free.
i just walked in and said that my left side just died after being on 20%. the right side will very high in percentage. i walked in knowing that i will get a refurbish set that i probably have to pay 100+ for..

but got a surprise that i no charge was applied! good luck to all

radon

Reaction score
i just walked in and said that my left side just died after being on 20%. the right side will very high in percentage. i walked in knowing that i will get a refurbish set that i probably have to pay 100+ for..

Likely this is a known issue, some defect.
My friend also just kena on his right side.

EienShouko

Reaction score

That's great news!
My warranty has expired in July and I only just found out about the issue today.
For the past 2 months I thought it was a result of wear and tear.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.