Sony WF-1000XM4 wireless earbuds release date, news and leaks

marshy

Reaction score
I also recevied call yesterday evening to collect my pre-order from Sony Wisma. Traded in the 1st 1000X

Psycovirus

Reaction score
x0AcyNz.jpg

Just received my pre-order. Sound out of the box is dark, no treble sparkle at all. Very dull. Had to set to Bright EQ in the app to make it sing. Glad the drivers are capable.

With boosted trebles, it sounds much better. Traded in my 1000X, ANC compare to 1000X, these are so much better. I am amazed at how much voices these cuts out.

I asked Sony SG how to buy spare eartips but they have no clue. The included foam tips don't feel/look durable.

Further listening,

The Sound Quality is amazing with LDAC. Very fun earbuds, thumping bass with sparkling treble (on Bright EQ with Clear bass+3). The only downside is no instrument separation or imaging. Every sound seems to come from right in front. No sound stage too, sounds very narrow. Expected of closed-back earbuds. I have not tried their 360 Reality Audio, it is probably sound processing and gimmicky. Spotify do not support it.

Last edited:

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
x0AcyNz.jpg

Just received my pre-order. Sound out of the box is dark, no treble sparkle at all. Very dull. Had to set to Bright EQ in the app to make it sing. Glad the drivers are capable.

With boosted trebles, it sounds much better. Traded in my 1000X, ANC compare to 1000X, these are so much better. I am amazed at how much voices these cuts out.

I asked Sony SG how to buy spare eartips but they have no clue. The included foam tips don't feel/look durable.

Further listening,

The Sound Quality is amazing with LDAC. Very fun earbuds, thumping bass with sparkling treble (on Bright EQ with Clear bass+3). The only downside is no instrument separation or imaging. Every sound seems to come from right in front. No sound stage too, sounds very narrow. Expected of closed-back earbuds. I have not tried their 360 Reality Audio, it is probably sound processing and gimmicky. Spotify do not support it.
do u believe in burning in your earphones/speakers?

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Try listening to the video for 360 reality audio

There is a demo inside the Headphones App. It works, I guess. It is faked using processing anyway, doesn't sound as convincing as a well-recorded song.

You don't need 360 reality audio to experience such sound. Just normal headphones with binaural recorded songs will do. For example, Amber Rubarth - Full Moon in Paris sounds wide, as if performed on a large stage when listening on normal headphones.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
There is a demo inside the Headphones App. It works, I guess. It is faked using processing anyway, doesn't sound as convincing as a well-recorded song.

You don't need 360 reality audio to experience such sound. Just normal headphones with binaural recorded songs will do. For example, Amber Rubarth - Full Moon in Paris sounds wide, as if performed on a large stage when listening on normal headphones.

There are a few multi dimension real audio coding but 360 RA is one of them. Since you said you never experience I just posted the link to let you experience. More for you to experience .

https://music.com/360RA

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
My sony wf-1000xm4 black arrive at ConnectIT liao. Got a message from them asking me to collect.
That Connect IT is a bit fishy on Lazada. Put the price at $399 then must use the voucher to offset to $379.

When I asked them why is the price stated higher than SRP, they replied they have $20 voucher store wide so it's still selling at SRP. Lol what a joke seriously.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
BTW the box itself is so beautifully crafted and specification sheet easy to fold back. The design is really thumbs up! Box lovers surely love it for its beautiful design if only it had designed a proper locking mechanism. Some more the case is environmentally friendly. Love Sony for doing the real recycling project!

The charging case itself is so small! Love the orange light too!

Tried out the buds, the medium foam for me. Remember to push and slowly rotate inside and rotate till you are comfortable using thumb, fore and middle finger.

Volume is damn loud!

Disadvantage :
1. Remember to hold your buds properly before taking out and whenever you holding your bud. Tendency to drop is high if you didn't grip proper.
2. Ear wax stick much hahahahahahaha
3. Quite difficult to remove the buds from casing. Refer and stick to point 1 closely.

Last edited:

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw anyone facing the whooshing sound problem?
Like if you not listening to music will have the whooshing sound.
People on reddit facing this issue and my set seems to have this problem too.
Reddit Post

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.