Sony WF-1000XM4 wireless earbuds release date, news and leaks

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also on 1.4.2 here. Even after factory resetting my buds, the left side still drains at an incredible rate from full to off in just 30 mins.

Prior to 1.4.2, it's working perfectly fine.

runestyx

Reaction score
Maybe 1.5.0 is some pre release fw off the factory before a final drops. Hope these help with the battery drain that I sent in previously to service for.

Rong626

Reaction score
My left bud drains very fast. In an hour, full charged to 20%. Still under warranty so dropped it off at Somerset. Only can collect back after 2 weeks....

asdfghjklffs

Reaction score
My left bud drains very fast. In an hour, full charged to 20%. Still under warranty so dropped it off at Somerset. Only can collect back after 2 weeks....
Mine drained in just 30mins.. Sent to repair during last week of july and just receive sms for collection today after 3 weeks of waiting. Gonna collect it sometime this week

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine drained in just 30mins.. Sent to repair during last week of july and just receive sms for collection today after 3 weeks of waiting. Gonna collect it sometime this week

My left bud drains the same rate as you, from full to disconnect in 30mins. But I'm holding out till next firmware update, so not using my XM4 for now.

runningman.snsd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone had issue with the noise cancelling?
My set went for service about a month then now I feel the noise cancelling is not as strong?
When I rub 2 fingers with each other right beside the earpiece I can hear the rubbing sound when noise cancelling is on?
Or when in mrt I can hear the announcement even though I have music playing?

Lee Ji Eun

Reaction score
My set went for service about a month then now I feel the noise cancelling is not as strong?
When I rub 2 fingers with each other right beside the earpiece I can hear the rubbing sound when noise cancelling is on?

your Sony headphones app, the ANC is it maxed???

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
sure can hear some announcement one. Your body gets accustomize somehow. Mine also can hear announcement so its not the ANC isn't working .

CarharttBoy

Reaction score
sure can hear some announcement one. Your body gets accustomize somehow. Mine also can hear announcement so its not the ANC isn't working .
Luckily I saw this post, I taught mine defective also as I can hear the announcement.

Using the Azla Crystal Eartips also the original tips wore out in less than a month... Not sure if warranty can claim new pair anot. Anyone can advise?

Sadly, my ear hole size is in between S and SS I guess, so maybe the seal not so good & sound can still leak in.

Lee Ji Eun

Reaction score
How to set the ANC to max?
3PBGKVn.jpg

Now that you've mentioned it try to achieve seal using eartips first. If you want try size, maybe you go Zepp&Co at sim lim ask for acoustune AET07, AET08 try the sizes and see if the sounds fits what youre looking for

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just sent in my WF-1000XM4 to Sony this morning, thought for a while better to send it in instead since I'm still within my extended 3 mths warranty so let them have a thorough check. Waiting time estimated 1-2 weeks, but I'm not in a hurry.

Last edited:

omelet

Reaction score
Sent mine in as well, right bud was draining battery really fast. Forgot to ask them how long it is going to take...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.