Sony Xperia 1 III

omelet

Reaction score
xperia use Power delivery or Qualcomm charge ah

those anker gan 30w pD charger ok?

or I use back mine samsung 15w charger ok ?

Xperia started using PD since XZ2 series....in fact XZ2 series supported both QC3 and PD.
Now 1 II support 21W PD and the 1 III support 30W PD so a 30W PD charger will be just nice.
Not sure if your Samsung charger is PD or their own proprietary fast charge...even if PD might charge a bit slower.

Also all this quick charge tech is mostly for 0% to 60/70%, anything above and the charger will slow down to protect the battery.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Size comparison with xperia 1II. Picture from Zackbuks.

Top is xperia 1II.

jiawei456123

Reaction score
For anyone wondering about the 5G

Response from Sony SEA

With regards to your query below, do allow me to first explain on 2 types of 5G network which a country can adopt:

- NSA (non-standalone) Network: signaling 5G from the 4G base station
- SA (standalone) Network: signaling 5G from 5G core network (does not depend on 4G network at all)

Please be advised that most countries in the world are adopting to NSA network while Singapore is currently using the SA network.

With that being said, Xperia 1 III (local set) supports the NSA network only, thus we do not advertise that Xperia 1 III is 5G ready publicly.

To sum up, everything that has been stated so far, I would like to confirm that Xperia 1 III supports NSA 5G network, but Singapore is adopting to SA 5G network which is not compatible to connect to the local 5G network.

I hope the above information clarifies your concern.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Response from Sony SEA
Finally a proper answer from them.. so sg is the problem not sony lol...

BUT. if thats the case, it should still support 5g now since we are on NSA -_-..

Anw, good to know. so we will only use this feature overseas lol

That being said, this means 0% chance for telcos to carry it.

Last edited:

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally a proper answer from them.. so sg is the problem not sony lol...

BUT. if thats the case, it should still support 5g now since we are on NSA -_-..

Anw, good to know. so we will only use this feature overseas lol

That being said, this means 0% chance for telcos to carry it.

1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6 - Asia

so... they turn off the 5g compatibility with Singapore , before we move to a SA 5G infrastructure ?

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6 - Asia

so... they turn off the 5g compatibility with Singapore , before we move to a SA 5G infrastructure ?
Are those the bands supported by the Xperia?
Can compare with what is planned for sg?

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Response from Sony SEA

With regards to your query below, do allow me to first explain on 2 types of 5G network which a country can adopt:

- NSA (non-standalone) Network: signaling 5G from the 4G base station
- SA (standalone) Network: signaling 5G from 5G core network (does not depend on 4G network at all)

Please be advised that most countries in the world are adopting to NSA network while Singapore is currently using the SA network.

With that being said, Xperia 1 III (local set) supports the NSA network only, thus we do not advertise that Xperia 1 III is 5G ready publicly.

To sum up, everything that has been stated so far, I would like to confirm that Xperia 1 III supports NSA 5G network, but Singapore is adopting to SA 5G network which is not compatible to connect to the local 5G network.

I hope the above information clarifies your concern.

Samsung and Apple and other brands support what now?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.