Sony Xperia 1 III

spinworkxroy

Reaction score
Google's gcam night sight works pretty well for times when u need night mode and the xperia app doesnt do it well and u dont want to mess with the pro app.

spinworkxroy

Reaction score

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
I just bought an export set from carousell as I wanted a larger base memory. Really liking this phone. 😍 Fit in the hand is excellent.

Everything has been improved. Watching Netflix is a joy and the speakers are nice and loud.

I was told that it is a TW set and I wasn't expecting volte out of the box, though the SIM settings with Singtel shows 4G calling. Doesn't seem to be working though. Anyone who has the export set got it working for the local telcos?

derrick__

Reaction score
I just bought an export set from carousell as I wanted a larger base memory. Really liking this phone. 😍 Fit in the hand is excellent.

Everything has been improved. Watching Netflix is a joy and the speakers are nice and loud.

I was told that it is a TW set and I wasn't expecting volte out of the box, though the SIM settings with Singtel shows 4G calling. Doesn't seem to be working though. Anyone who has the export set got it working for the local telcos?

nope... i think 5g will be an issue too...

Not just 5G, I think carrier aggregation (CA) may have issue too.... Do you see 4G+ or always 4G only?

derrick__

Reaction score
I got mine from Sony SG and i never even seen 5g before either..dunno why.. some settings need to set? Should be auto right? Am on SH

Network settings - Preferred network type 5G NR/LTE/WCDMA/GSM i think.
Yet to try 5G NSA on my secondary Giga line too.

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
Not just 5G, I think carrier aggregation (CA) may have issue too.... Do you see 4G+ or always 4G only?
I see 4G+ with Singtel. I'm thinking of flashing with SEA firmware 🤔 to get volte but not sure if it will brick the phone.

derrick__

Reaction score
I see 4G+ with Singtel. I'm thinking of flashing with SEA firmware 🤔 to get volte but not sure if it will brick the phone.
oh, at least carrier aggregation is working. i think previous posts also mentioned someone who bought an export set. wanna flash SEA firmware, but Sony does not do it . have to diy i think

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Reaction score

Why though... Can use micro SD... Have a 1Tb card in mine.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Sony SG and i never even seen 5g before either..dunno why.. some settings need to set? Should be auto right? Am on SH
Do u have the 5G sim card? By right if u get should work.. if not call your telco.. is not free fyi..
i using local set. but my previous export model got 4G+
I have no luck flashing the newer phones.. I have flashed the older XZ2 from one country to another before.. but not the Xperia 1 ii..
oh, at least carrier aggregation is working. i think previous posts also mentioned someone who bought an export set. wanna flash SEA firmware, but Sony does not do it . have to diy i think
yup.. need to DIY.

spinworkxroy

Reaction score
Do u have the 5G sim card? By right if u get should work.. if not call your telco.. is not free fyi..

i using local set. but my previous export model got 4G+

I have no luck flashing the newer phones.. I have flashed the older XZ2 from one country to another before.. but not the Xperia 1 ii..

yup.. need to DIY.
I renewed my contract with a 5g Samsung s21 and got a new sim card.. So i assume that Sim is 5g?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.