Sony Xperia 1 III

derrick__

Reaction score
They gave u brand new phone huh. didnt even try to repair

Actually i think Sony Service Centre standard quite up there one. When i was using Xperia Tablet z2, it was a problematic model for Sony.... They eventually replaced 4 sets (change of sets / change of motherboard) for me, I even emailed Sony Mobile CEO to complain about the tablet... haha, immediately the new day, Sony Singapore called me on my mobile number, haha.... Eventually I sold it off on Carousel. As the whole model was plugged with issues, not just a particular set. The buyer found alot of bright pixels on the tablet eventually, and I have to go down to the service centre and send in for him as a goodwill gesture as Sony Extended my warranty for the tablet, as the buyer was worried that Sony does not honour the extended warranty...

As for z4 tablet, it just suddenly died one day and they replace the whole motherboard for me, change of IMEI. Not only that, they even change other stuff for me which i cant recall clearly but they also change a brand new battery for me...

So. overall, i think their service centre are quite okay... if they cant resolve the issue after 1 or 2 tries, they won't hesitate to change the whole motherboard (new imei) / new set for their customers (of course they will tell you they will put up request to Sony, since they are just a outsource company to do repair work, but eventually Sony will be more than okay to replace a new set/motherboard for you.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They gave u brand new phone huh. didnt even try to repair
Guess they do not repair nowadays as it might affect the water resistance of the phone by opening up the phone so they will replace a new phone just like any other brands did.

xfiles_wolvie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, long time no come in and surprised to see so many sony supporters still in sg. (y)(y)(y)

had been using Sony since Z5P days and never turned back.

When will they pair 1 III with WF-1000XM4?

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually i think Sony Service Centre standard quite up there one. When i was using Xperia Tablet z2, it was a problematic model for Sony.... They eventually replaced 4 sets (change of sets / change of motherboard) for me, I even emailed Sony Mobile CEO to complain about the tablet... haha, immediately the new day, Sony Singapore called me on my mobile number, haha.... Eventually I sold it off on Carousel. As the whole model was plugged with issues, not just a particular set. The buyer found alot of bright pixels on the tablet eventually, and I have to go down to the service centre and send in for him as a goodwill gesture as Sony Extended my warranty for the tablet, as the buyer was worried that Sony does not honour the extended warranty...

As for z4 tablet, it just suddenly died one day and they replace the whole motherboard for me, change of IMEI. Not only that, they even change other stuff for me which i cant recall clearly but they also change a brand new battery for me...

So. overall, i think their service centre are quite okay... if they cant resolve the issue after 1 or 2 tries, they won't hesitate to change the whole motherboard (new imei) / new set for their customers (of course they will tell you they will put up request to Sony, since they are just a outsource company to do repair work, but eventually Sony will be more than okay to replace a new set/motherboard for you.
Got a vertical line of green pixels on my 1 ii through no fault of mine, just appeared one day while I was watching sth on Amazon prime. Got a 1 iii to replace it and will send the 1ii for warranty. Hope they are as reasonable as you said.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, long time no come in and surprised to see so many sony supporters still in sg. (y)(y)(y)

had been using Sony since Z5P days and never turned back.

When will they pair 1 III with WF-1000XM4?
Maybe when 1 iv comes out and they need to clear xm4 old stock lol

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a vertical line of green pixels on my 1 ii through no fault of mine, just appeared one day while I was watching sth on Amazon prime. Got a 1 iii to replace it and will send the 1ii for warranty. Hope they are as reasonable as you said.
This happened to my XZs when it was still in warranty; screen looked weird and a strip of the screen was practically unusable as it did not respond to any of my touches at all.

Service centre did a 1-1 exchange but it took a while

derrick__

Reaction score

do update us on the progress

derrick__

Reaction score
This happened to my XZs when it was still in warranty; screen looked weird and a strip of the screen was practically unusable as it did not respond to any of my touches at all.

Service centre did a 1-1 exchange but it took a while

I think the latest software for 1III may have this issues once in a while... when i try to use the keyboard, 1 or 2 letters may not be responding. usually at the edge. I have to lock the phone by pressing the fingerprint sensor and unlock the phone again, then the issue will be resolved. I guess more like sw issue than hw. Only have this issue with the latest update.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the latest software for 1III may have this issues once in a while... when i try to use the keyboard, 1 or 2 letters may not be responding. usually at the edge. I have to lock the phone by pressing the fingerprint sensor and unlock the phone again, then the issue will be resolved. I guess more like sw issue than hw. Only have this issue with the latest update.
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like an issue with the native keyboard app. Got try third party keyboard?

derrick__

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like an issue with the native keyboard app. Got try third party keyboard?
oh i using swipe key. but it only occurred like "once in a blue moon", so abit difficult to pinpoint. happened only after the latest update

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.