Sony Xperia 1 III

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if it's really periscope 5x + 65W charging + below 200g, is confirm hoot liao. 6 more days to launch...

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very unlikely below 200g if want a better cameras setup n more battery life
oneplus 9 pro is 197g with 3.3x zoom, 65w charging... just a bit more zoom will do :p okay if it's 205g i'm still fine teehee.

if Sony doesn't deliver this time... i'll be hopping over to oneplus from my current oppo find x2 pro, once it's available in SG. i'm still rooting for Sony!

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
From Zackbucks

"AI 超解析变焦
[坏笑]
"

There's this technology from Sony :
https://pro.sony/ue_US/products/handheld-camcorders/broadcast-zoom-without-losing-image-quality

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm quite excited for this Wednesday's announcement. what time will it be?

hopefully Sony can deliver a surprise this time...

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks swee le
swee is swee but specs inside more important. will be watching out the camera specs (sensor size, aperture, zoom, etc.).

the 'boxy' feel only pure fans will like. those who never carry xperia before will complain no curved edges, rough to hold, etc. lol

also too used to under-screen fps liao. will take a leap of faith to go back to side fps.

Reaction score
Now onto the specs list: apparently the phone has the same cameras as the Xperia 1 II, but with improved zoom on one. That's 12.2MP on the main, ultra-wide and zoom lenses, with an additional Time-of-Flight (ToF) one. The front camera seems to be 8MP, which is surprisingly low-res, though in keeping with Sony's other phones.

Apparently the screen is 6.5 inches across, and will have a 4K resolution, which we've seen on other Sony phones, but the change here will be a 120Hz refresh rate, so the images are updated twice as quickly as on previous handsets from the company. This is the first 4K, 120Hz phone, so people who care about those specs will have only one option.

As a phone fan would likely predict, the Sony Xperia 1 III is said to use the Snapdragon 888 chipset, paired with 12GB of RAM, and Android 11.

Finally, the battery is said to be 4,500mAh, a fair jump up from the 1 II's 4,000mAh. Charging speed isn't mentioned, but apparently the device will power wirelessly as well as with a plug.

https://www.techradar.com/sg/news/sony-xperia-1-iii-leak-lays-phone-bare-ahead-of-launch

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.