Sony Xperia 1 III

qrcode

Reaction score
Maybe is this version of snapdragon problem? temperature can goes up to 70 degrees when playing games.

888's problem. this year Snapdragon really can't make it. All phones with 888 chip this year are having similar temperature issue. if can wait, skip this chip and wait for next flagship SoC.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Last edited:

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like iPhone 12 Max delivery brighter and more warmer picture than Xperia.
seems like Sony still doesnt understand the consumer handphone market, why is it that their base camera app still cannot compete. They seem to insist on their pro apps which only satisfy a niche customer base

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
seems like Sony still doesnt understand the consumer handphone market, why is it that their base camera app still cannot compete. They seem to insist on their pro apps which only satisfy a niche customer base
Same with 1 iii vs x60 pro+ comparison.

1 iii colours may have higher accuracy but pleasing wise, x60 pro+ win (in my opinion).

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

We all know why xperia is not selling well in recent years, not due to camera but lacking efficient marketing and not available from the telcos.
Camera performance is much superior since it captures more details than many competition, but different opinions still exists also for those who does not own or use the phone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
if the camera chui, those big phone manufacturer would not use it's camera system n sensor in their flagship liao

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score

He's using full auto mode and talking about not having good HDR whereas Sony usually takes what the eye sees ... Not fully utilizing the photography pro mode... If he turned on auto HDR the difference will be great.

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We all know why xperia is not selling well in recent years, not due to camera but lacking efficient marketing and not available from the telcos.
Camera performance is much superior since it captures more details than many competition, but different opinions still exists also for those who does not own or use the phone.

It's due to peer pressure too. I have a few friends who are hardcore Samsung fanboys. If they see you carry a Sony phone they'll make sarcastic remarks or talk down to you for owning a Sony phone.

Kinda weird men in the 30s and 40s behaving like that.

If I have friends like that, I'm sure there exists a lot Samsung fans who behave like that as well so their friends will give in and get a Samsung due to peer pressure and identity (big fans of kpop, their idols use Samsung so they'll buy one too.)

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

very weird, indeed. kids, teenagers i can understand. men in their 30s, 40s mocking others for the brand they use.. is really hopeless. i have colleagues like that, and I kinda feel sorry for their 'herd mentality'. they only know how to follow the masses, the trends.

that's why I've never laid my hands on a samsung phone (heavy like a brick, inferior chipset, poor battery life, laggy interface after some time, etc.. yet super expensive).

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's due to peer pressure too. I have a few friends who are hardcore Samsung fanboys. If they see you carry a Sony phone they'll make sarcastic remarks or talk down to you for owning a Sony phone.

If I have friends like that, I'm sure there exists a lot Samsung fans who behave like that as well so their friends will give in and get a Samsung due to peer pressure and identity (big fans of kpop, their idols use Samsung so they'll buy one too.)

I guess many people are influenced by the marketing efforts by certain brands, they had videos poking fun of competitors or simply name them as "some brand" killer. People joined in the bandwagon and go down the rabbit hole.

Sony's marketing is usually focused on themselves, not much of a liking for the noisy crowd.

Sam phones used to be the "swiss army knife" for being versatile and packs tons of features, while sony is lacking in some. Now sony came back with standard features which are missing in many other brands, like memory card slot, 3.5mm jack, more battery life in smaller and light package but there will still be naysayers no matter the age or state of mind.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony used to be very very slow in updating their phone's software... and also had very high prices but features were not cutting edge... I used a Sony phone very long ago in 2012 - the Xperia Arc... it was cutting edge at that point, loved the ergonomics arc which made it easy to hold the phone... but it got very slow and kept lagging all over just after a year of use... subsequent to that phone, none of the Sony phones appealed to me... reviews online always showed them more expensive and with fewer features... until now... this Xperia 1 III looks different... looks competitive finally... but let's see the price first...

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony used to be very very slow in updating their phone's software... and also had very high prices but features were not cutting edge... I used a Sony phone very long ago in 2012 - the Xperia Arc... it was cutting edge at that point, loved the ergonomics arc which made it easy to hold the phone... but it got very slow and kept lagging all over just after a year of use... subsequent to that phone, none of the Sony phones appealed to me... reviews online always showed them more expensive and with fewer features... until now... this Xperia 1 III looks different... looks competitive finally... but let's see the price first...
In the last few years, Sony phones have been the "cleanest" with the least garbage. Fast OS updates and also member of AOSP.

Price will be high as always, but gotta hope they bundle the new XM4 earbuds. Then worth it.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In the last few years, Sony phones have been the "cleanest" with the least garbage. Fast OS updates and also member of AOSP.

Price will be high as always, but gotta hope they bundle the new XM4 earbuds. Then worth it.
Yeah so I read... most vanilla Android like... and one of the fastest updates... Samsung seems to have caught up here where updates are concerned... but yeah... Sony has entered the frame for me... also cos I have been using the Samsung Note series for some time and now they seemed to have decided to kill this line, then I no longer have the use of the S Pen, and I really dislike the new S21's chunky camera island.... so looking around for alternatives... not quite convinced by the China brands' flagship models...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.