Sony Xperia 1 III

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Elsewhere, performance will be no issue due to the flagship chip, but battery life suffers because of the very power-hungry 4K 120Hz screen – the phone won’t be able to go 10 hours away from a charger if you use it regularly. I don’t think most people can see the difference between a 4K and 2K panel on a relatively small screen, so I’d rather take longer battery life than unnecessary pixels. "
https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/gadg...ii-review-4k-120hz-oled-screen-camera-shutter

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah so I read... most vanilla Android like... and one of the fastest updates... Samsung seems to have caught up here where updates are concerned... but yeah... Sony has entered the frame for me... also cos I have been using the Samsung Note series for some time and now they seemed to have decided to kill this line, then I no longer have the use of the S Pen, and I really dislike the new S21's chunky camera island.... so looking around for alternatives... not quite convinced by the China brands' flagship models...
you can buy the fold if you want the s pen lol

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Elsewhere, performance will be no issue due to the flagship chip, but battery life suffers because of the very power-hungry 4K 120Hz screen – the phone won’t be able to go 10 hours away from a charger if you use it regularly. I don’t think most people can see the difference between a 4K and 2K panel on a relatively small screen, so I’d rather take longer battery life than unnecessary pixels. "
https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/gadg...ii-review-4k-120hz-oled-screen-camera-shutter
I am using 1 ii now. also 4k screen with 60Hz.. I stop charging at 100% usually around 12+ or 1am. unplug then sleep. I go office, go out etc.. usually reach home with about 20% or sometimes slightly more if I use less

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The battery life will definitely be a lot better on the smaller 5 III but some will prefer the larger display on 1 III. Now if only there is an option of 1 III but with resolution of 5 III or 2K.

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
It's due to peer pressure too. I have a few friends who are hardcore Samsung fanboys. If they see you carry a Sony phone they'll make sarcastic remarks or talk down to you for owning a Sony phone.

Kinda weird men in the 30s and 40s behaving like that.

If I have friends like that, I'm sure there exists a lot Samsung fans who behave like that as well so their friends will give in and get a Samsung due to peer pressure and identity (big fans of kpop, their idols use Samsung so they'll buy one too.)
i have the same experience too, but mostly with iPhone users

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's due to peer pressure too. I have a few friends who are hardcore Samsung fanboys. If they see you carry a Sony phone they'll make sarcastic remarks or talk down to you for owning a Sony phone.

Kinda weird men in the 30s and 40s behaving like that.

If I have friends like that, I'm sure there exists a lot Samsung fans who behave like that as well so their friends will give in and get a Samsung due to peer pressure and identity (big fans of kpop, their idols use Samsung so they'll buy one too.)

I tried Nokia Lumia and Nokia Android before and my friends were like what..........

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Possible to set the lower display lower than 4k and refresh rate 60hz?
Likely not for the 4k display. 60Hz is possible though. Battery life should last full day if you set it to 60Hz like the xperia 1II and super high chance surpass it.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Likely not for the 4k display. 60Hz is possible though. Battery life should last full day if you set it to 60Hz like the xperia 1II and super high chance surpass it.
If i don't watch 4k content on phone. For example I just stream on the YouTube video at 1080p setting . This will help to improve the battery life right?

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
If i don't watch 4k content on phone. For example I just stream on the YouTube video at 1080p setting . This will help to improve the battery life right?
Thats for sure but the difference is actually not that much.

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is a shame, on a small 6-7 inch display on regular use (chrome, non video apps) 2k and 4k would not be very noticeable to most users. But battery life will be.

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xperia1iii.jpg

if use the photo pro mode can improve detail/texture until like S21U??

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
That is a shame, on a small 6-7 inch display on regular use (chrome, non video apps) 2k and 4k would not be very noticeable to most users. But battery life will be.
Why you worry about battery life when the xperia 1II can handle full day average with 4000mah battery?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.