Sony Xperia 1 III

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Im actually keen on the Xperia for bedside gaming when I plug in to game in bed. Apparently it has Heat Suppression (HS) so it doesn't charge your battery but bypasses it when plugged in and gaming? Does anyone know if this is available on the cheaper 10iii, I tried to find info but couldn't. Before anyone says something about gaming on the SD 690 on the Xperia 10ii, I play mainly low Rez indie stuff and card games. Don't need the extra fps. I'm still rocking a dated p20 pro.
Nope use xperia10III does not have heat suppression mode.

https://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_10_iii-10698.php

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the HDR seems awful on the 1iii (both stills and videos). can it be fixed via software updates?

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
the HDR seems awful on the 1iii (both stills and videos). can it be fixed via software updates?
Can. Disable it. If not, you go look for a better phone which fits your checklist.

Last edited:

sukhoi37

Reaction score
Sony’s camera overhype is real.
Samsung S21 Ultra camera basically trashed Sony Xperia 1 III on almost every aspect

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Sony’s camera overhype is real.
Samsung S21 Ultra camera basically trashed Sony Xperia 1 III on almost every aspect

Haha it always come up with this conclusion (Think I gotta save a template somewhere ). Sony always prioritize on taking pictures closest to what the eyes see at that moment. If you want more vibrant colors and better night mode, there's a choice for you to change mode and settings, hence the photography pro software in it. So its not over hype. It depend on what user wants. You want instantaneous instagram worthy shots, go for Samsung. You want closer to your eyes see at that moment, get Sony.

But Sony can also take instantaneous instagram worthy photos using photo pro application. You just need to change the mode and settings and save the mode, bring out the mode / leave it at that every time you activate camera and snap also can. You just need to know your camera and its potential.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know people who use Samsung and prefer Sony's camera coz of how natural it is.. If I really want it more vibrant, I can just use photoshop to touch up especially for saturation...

Also, as a photographer myself, I prefer natural looks :)

sukhoi37

Reaction score
Haha it always come up with this conclusion (Think I gotta save a template somewhere ). Sony always prioritize on taking pictures closest to what the eyes see at that moment. If you want more vibrant colors and better night mode, there's a choice for you to change mode and settings, hence the photography pro software in it. So its not over hype. It depend on what user wants. You want instantaneous instagram worthy shots, go for Samsung. You want closer to your eyes see at that moment, get Sony.

But Sony can also take instantaneous instagram worthy photos using photo pro application. You just need to change the mode and settings and save the mode, bring out the mode / leave it at that every time you activate camera and snap also can. You just need to know your camera and its potential.

Samsung shots show more details in most of the comparisons.
Software is nothing if the lens and image sensor doesn’t deliver.
Sony claims there is high quality anti-flare coating but the sun flare comparison show no diff with the samsung shot.

Oh yes, I’m an old timer photographer
I know manual setting and also the over saturation color thingy

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Sony claims there is high quality anti-flare coating but the sun flare comparison show no diff with the samsung shot.

How about over sharpening? Isn't that part software processing? How about computational photography?

Watch this video another member posted before. How come Sony did so well here? Pictures are sharp (the leaves) The guy used program auto shutter priority mode for night photos.

I do agree on the lens flare thing, same as you and what the guy in the video said.

BTW whats your definition of photographer?

Last edited:

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still no sound no picture on price or availability from Sony!

Sony US just released the pricing for the US market (U$1.3k) so interested to see the local pricing.
hopefully 1.7x but I have a feeling it'll be in the upper 1.8x range

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah, local price will above 1.8k??
hopefully got free WF-1000XM4 then I will sell it away.
prefer to use back my wired in-ear headphones.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about over sharpening? Isn't that part software processing? How about computational photography?

Watch this video another member posted before. How come Sony did so well here? Pictures are sharp (the leaves) The guy used program auto shutter priority mode for night photos.

I do agree on the lens flare thing, same as you and what the guy in the video said.

over sharpening is also not good.. why do you want so saturated and sharpened for? Lens flare is not due to to the "lenses". every camera gets it. its based on how u aim yourself relative to the sun....

To answer your question, I shoot in natural and in RAW. Touch up using photoshop. I don't use 'fake'

ryan_khoo

Master Member
Reaction score
Still no sound no picture on price or availability from Sony!

Sony US just released the pricing for the US market (U$1.3k) so interested to see the local pricing.
hopefully 1.7x but I have a feeling it'll be in the upper 1.8x range

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
By the time this reach us here in Singapore, Sony would have announced the 1iv ... 😂😝

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Old timer photographer and getting so worked up over smartphones camera performance with tiny lenses?
And again on a smartphone which is not owned by the person with comments?

Anyone can say anything online and get away with it, nothing to prove and lose.

mortpenguin

Reaction score

Comparing this video to the Chinese reviewer's that a certain user here claims the Sony got thrashed by the Samsung, it seems the Chinese reviewer doesn't really have a full understanding of how to use the Sony, the night shots in Han's video look really good. And seriously lah, how often are you going to take photos in almost pitch black environments?

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMG-20210623-130821.jpg

Already ordered the screen protector...
and also a tripod for mobile photography.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.