Sony Xperia 1 III

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Another camera comparison between iPhone and xiaomi 11 ultra. This rich guy must have purchased lazada set and did the review :LOL:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait for Dpreview & DXO to review the camera before taking the leap lor...

so biased sites..

Dpreview is no longer doing smartphone camera reviews since around two years ago. Their target crowd is mainly for the professional cameras so it is a no brainer to drop the smartphones. Nothing to see for now.

DxO is mainly profit driven, so you will seldom see much good and comprehensive reviews for Xperia phones since sony is not paying for review. They are basically a consulting company in addition to testing company, so it is no secret that they are working with some smartphone companies to create cameras that scores better marks in their tests.
Also, there is little to no point for companies like canon, nikon or sony who sells professional cameras to work with these third party consulting companies.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still trying to decide:
1. Hold on to my Find X2 Pro until 2022.
2. Buy OnePlus 9 Pro via Shopee non-local set.
3. Wait for Sony 1iii.

The more I wait, the more I feel like waiting till 2022. Maybe 1iv will be announced by then..

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Still trying to decide:
3. Wait for Sony 1iii.

The more I wait, the more I feel like waiting till 2022. Maybe 1iv will be announced by then..
Its forever a waiting game and usually around period Sony then start their sales. They actually had their sales started but only snagged up in China.

Unless you are able to change their release system which I think they are also trying very hard to change. So its either you wait or buy another phone.

And if you wait for xperia 1IV to start sales, I can safely say that it will also take around this period for them to start sales. And the loop continues.

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still trying to decide:
3. Wait for Sony 1iii.

don't get the OP9.
Oneplus recently announced that they'll be merging with Oppo (although they were under the same parent company to start with)

There's a chance that Oxygen OS might be dropped in the near future to consolidate software development

I recently upgraded to Android 11 on my OP7T and the experience has been pretty bad. Kept experiencing lags across all apps and Bluetooth disconnecting randomly. they've rolled out a couple of updates here and there but not all issues have been fixed.
I've been a OP user since the OP3 and it's painfully obvious that they're not the same company that there were, you can lookup OP's subreddit and see similar companies all over

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't get the OP9.
Oneplus recently announced that they'll be merging with Oppo (although they were under the same parent company to start with)
There's a chance that Oxygen OS might be dropped in the near future to consolidate software development
I recently upgraded to Android 11 on my OP7T and the experience has been pretty bad. Kept experiencing lags across all apps and Bluetooth disconnecting randomly. they've rolled out a couple of updates here and there but not all issues have been fixed.
I've been a OP user since the OP3 and it's painfully obvious that they're not the same company that there were, you can lookup OP's subreddit and see similar complains all over
Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its forever a waiting game and usually around period Sony then start their sales. They actually had their sales started but only snagged up in China.

Unless you are able to change their release system which I think they are also trying very hard to change. So its either you wait or buy another phone.

And if you wait for xperia 1IV to start sales, I can safely say that it will also take around this period for them to start sales. And the loop continues.
You need to understand how Japanese count their fiscal year... the you will know why sony releases their products when they do.. hint hint.. Q1 for Japanese companies is April to June. Not the best time to release stuff then

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still trying to decide:
3. Wait for Sony 1iii.

Looking at the pandemic which affected Taiwan and many other parts of the world, I will put my money on a new phone this year. Who knows how the semi-conductor market will be if TSMC starts to struggle with global chip demand, and no one knows the new products of next year will be delayed or not.

Last edited:

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xperia1iii.jpg

ryan_khoo

Master Member
Reaction score
You need to understand how Japanese count their fiscal year... the you will know why sony releases their products when they do.. hint hint.. Q1 for Japanese companies is April to June. Not the best time to release stuff then
So when is the good time for Japanese company like Sony to release their products ? Q4 ?

If Q4, then based on your logic, Japanese Q4 is in Jan to Mar, then it looks like they actually struggled to meet the deadline and gotta wait for next cycle until next year in 2022 ? Kinda ridiculous, right ? 😂🤦‍♂️

Thanks

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So when is the good time for Japanese company like Sony to release their products ? Q4 ?

If Q4, then based on your logic, Japanese Q4 is in Jan to Mar, then it looks like they actually struggled to meet the deadline and gotta wait for next cycle until next year in 2022 ? Kinda ridiculous, right ? 😂🤦‍♂️

Thanks
Q2 is the best time to release anything. other companies release in Q2 too. just that Sony's Q2 is July-Sept

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Thats a good explanation so we can share this news to the rest of the world why Xperia always start selling during this period. Feel free to add further value added information so as to template it and share and explain to the rest of the world about it. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.