Sony Xperia 1 III

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. The ois like not there like that. Little bit only blur... Even at high shutter speed like 1/640...image sometimes also blur.. That is very weird to me. I can't explain it.. At shutter speeds like that, it shouldn't be blur

With fingerprint smudges on the lens, photos taken also blur..

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah lens checked and already wiped clear before photo taken...
I notice some parts are blur for both xperia1II and 1III and I suspect its the iTof sensor at work. You notice oneplus and produce nearly full sharpness to whole picture compare to both the xperia. Its similar to bokeh (corner and background blur) in photography, and I think that's what's Sony aiming for during macro shots.

Also, do not forget all lens have minimum focal distances. 16mm will be minimum 10cm apart , 24mm will be minimum around 12cm , and both 70 and 105mm need around minimum 35cm away to proper focus. Take these into consideration when shooting macro shots.

Last edited:

spinworkxroy

Reaction score
The camera doesnt create as nice photos as others with better AI BUT... I'm sooo happy with the M controls it has.. That's proven really useful several times already. Freezing water...controlling exposure to blackout the background etc...its not something useful for many, but for those who love control, and i come from years of alpha camera background so the UI is 2nd nature to me...
I actually spent some time playing with the ip13 pro max and while auto is good.. There's basically no manual control at all..so yea.. Xperia is a niche phone but I'm glad it's in my hands..

Here's an example of using M mode to control the ISO and shutter to blackout the background

find duplicates online

jiawei456123

Reaction score
Updated to the new firmware, now my Wifi refuses to connect to my home Wifi for god knows what reason, desktop laptop same room all max strength, phone refuses to connect or has low bandwidth and immediately drops, anyone else?

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Updated to the new firmware, now my Wifi refuses to connect to my home Wifi for god knows what reason, desktop laptop same room all max strength, phone refuses to connect or has low bandwidth and immediately drops, anyone else?
Reboot your phone try? Secondly reboot your wifi.

Last edited:

spinworkxroy

Reaction score
Nooooo...the new update killed my wireless Android Auto..the wifi keeps getting disconnected with the car..google maps jerky..audio skips...
How to go back to older firmware??

jiawei456123

Reaction score
Reboot your phone try? Secondly reboot your wifi.
Tried rebooting everything already, laptop destop in the same spot all max connection strength at 500Mbps speed test (typical) , the X1iii giving me not even 10Mbps.

Plugged phone into desktop, in Xperia Companion, shows new update available (undefined version), dunno if I should even click update.

If anyone has the firmware for the older one for SEA please let me know so I can reflash it back LOL

spinworkxroy

Reaction score
Tried rebooting everything already, laptop destop in the same spot all max connection strength at 500Mbps speed test (typical) , the X1iii giving me not even 10Mbps.

Plugged phone into desktop, in Xperia Companion, shows new update available (undefined version), dunno if I should even click update.

If anyone has the firmware for the older one for SEA please let me know so I can reflash it back LOL
I also want to reflash if anyone can teach me how. The new firmware also broke my phone connection for wifi!!

phelios

Reaction score
i have the same issue too. seems like this issue affects the 5GHz wifi. 2.4GHz wifi is working fine.

spinworkxroy

Reaction score
I emailed sony support about this. Hope more people will email in so they take action...its a bad firmware and yes..seem like only affect 5ghz...any way to disable 5ghz and only run 2.4?

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Reaction score
dReH4N7.jpg

I'm on 5Ghz wifi 6 and things seem normal so far...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.