Sony Xperia 1 III

lersheng

Reaction score
Sianz. My Xperia bought from expansys SG had bloated battery.
This one Taiwan model. From Sony site, Taiwan had 2 years warranty.

Anyone had Taiwan version and the RMA process?

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Sianz. My Xperia bought from expansys SG had bloated battery.
This one Taiwan model. From Sony site, Taiwan had 2 years warranty.

Anyone had Taiwan version and the RMA process?

Thought got Sony's acclaimed battery protection to charge to 80%?

Used it or left full charge all the time?

lersheng

Reaction score
Thought got Sony's acclaimed battery protection to charge to 80%?

Used it or left full charge all the time?
I used Auto. Supposedly should work. But it is not working...
AL9nZEWT2WgY6yzkfv9hLdXTJdGs_e0MiMZ6kCtdLHtokk4Cmxthmj_9wXqeXX0kU5xK1zMJLI6kMWDjNNZImUBzH0H0epAA4VsWJDl6oYs_NtTX4H3fN2IeRxTskT7_mSX5p3Vq0nf_303G_7XgS3rhcwsMaA=w958-h719-no

How to fix nia... Out of warranty.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
I used Auto. Supposedly should work. But it is not working...
AL9nZEWT2WgY6yzkfv9hLdXTJdGs_e0MiMZ6kCtdLHtokk4Cmxthmj_9wXqeXX0kU5xK1zMJLI6kMWDjNNZImUBzH0H0epAA4VsWJDl6oYs_NtTX4H3fN2IeRxTskT7_mSX5p3Vq0nf_303G_7XgS3rhcwsMaA=w958-h719-no

How to fix nia... Out of warranty.
You bought overseas handset, likely need to pay if you send to Sony for repair.

I don't think expansys will take back your phone and bring to Sony Taiwan to service it. Thats why I always encourage buyers to buy local SG warranty sets although its more costly.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You bought overseas handset, likely need to pay if you send to Sony for repair.

I don't think expansys will take back your phone and bring to Sony Taiwan to service it. Thats why I always encourage buyers to buy local SG warranty sets although its more costly.
either way, xperia 1 III is more than 1 year old. warrangy also gone alr

lersheng

Reaction score
Yea man. But mine is Taiwan variant.
And Sony has 2 year warranty in that region.

Anyone had Taiwan friend to ask about it?

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea man. But mine is Taiwan variant.
And Sony has 2 year warranty in that region.

Anyone had Taiwan friend to ask about it?

Just DIY bro... the back case popped is already half the work done for you. It's just some screws and connectors...

ApexMan

Reaction score
curious does all Xperia offer multiple user profiles?'

main user
u add another users like your mum to use ?'

weeguy

Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for tempered glass screen protectors that have cutouts for the front camera? Tried a couple on Shopee that have cutouts on the listing photos, but the actual product I received did not. Noticed that those without cutouts tend to "smudge" or "blur" the photos taken.

weeguy

Reaction score
Take a look
AL9nZEWo14J44ugMS_vejMCJZRGoaQ4m-I2torB96RhLfbR4XAV2QD3kcaPHT6PVTx6-dpRcqim070UDwaU_T5NZIIVzPDECKgwibvB8536S1u4zsoXAcxnrtWk8Ar9-pU-exXAgfVR7Wbfx4qXa1b0x_h49fg=w714-h952-no
Looks like the cutout might only be on the matte version, otherwise it's not even possible to take any photos with the front camera. However, the website doesn't sell matte screen protectors (might be discontinued) and the clear ones don't seem to have the cutout. Regardless, thanks for the prompt replies and sharing the photo!

derrick__

Reaction score
Updated today Android 13, as of 22 Dec. Not used to the colour scheme of the "notification dot on app icon" ... o_Oo_O

Now there is a power off button on pull down menu and also information on how many app(s) is/are active...

--JT--

Reaction score
Yoz @darkmatt , quick check, did they provide any update?

if not maybe i shd email IMDA too ( to check with them whether 5G SA software implementation shd fall on telcos to enable handsets for 5G connections, or shd it fall on manufacturers/OEMs to enable 5G connection, or both....

by the way, any1 has any details whether experia 1IV support SG 5G SA out of the box?
Last time I contacted M1 they said it's a whitelist system, only devices listed on their FAQ page are allowed to connect to the 5G network.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.