Sony Xperia 5II

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score
You guys got any problem using this phone to tap on the tracetogether sensor? Mine register nothing when i use this phone. So gotta end up scanning the codes. No issues with my other china phones.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue scanning anything in Singapore.. The felica chips inside not supported locally zZz

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score
I suspect is the BT used in Sony phones. Maybe it doesn't support many things. It also can't connect to my Xiaomi scale. Also good, I won't be reminded of my body fat percentage.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought the tracetogether app is scan QR code for safe entry? The bluetooth is for proximity data?

ApexMan

Reaction score
I thought the tracetogether app is scan QR code for safe entry? The bluetooth is for proximity data?

ya this is what I thought so too unless it also tap on nfc ? but odd unless the xperia is a japan set which is felicia only
but global should be not just felicia nfc only

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score
Scan QR code is the normal way. Now at many places they used the TT Gateway when you can just bring your phone (with TT app opened) or the TT token near the pad, and it will register/beep. This is via bluetooth signal from your phone/token.

JuXn5566

Reaction score
You guys got any problem using this phone to tap on the tracetogether sensor? Mine register nothing when i use this phone. So gotta end up scanning the codes. No issues with my other china phones.

yes it's not working for me too.. no worries just use TraceTogether QR scan

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Google pay for transport worked again! ~ need try out again in case they fail again

hueman

Reaction score
Got the my X5ii skinned with XtremeSkins. Too bad the phone body design doesn't allow a full back skin. Quite satisfied with the cut.

Sony-Xperia-5-ii-with-back-skin-from-Xtreme-Skins-co-uk.jpg

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see that the Xperia 5 II is still on sale for about 1.2k SGD. Is it worth, or better to wait for 5 III?

I want to upgrade from my XZs cos its battery life is still bad after changing at 3rd party shop

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see that the Xperia 5 II is still on sale for about 1.2k SGD. Is it worth, or better to wait for 5 III?

I want to upgrade from my XZs cos its battery life is still bad after changing at 3rd party shop
wow.. your XZs still alive? (except battery)

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score

5III will be costly. Lets say predict around $200 less than xperia 1III it will be $1699 during launch. And predict start sales around September period (if everything goes well and not snatched up sales by China or other disasters / lock down ) so you need to prepare/ make that amount as well as wait around that time and even longer. Up to you for consideration.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.