Sony Xperia IV

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does this mean "overheating" is still happening? I'm asking g because I'm really considering this phone.
me too. my oppo find x2 pro is over 2 years old already and have been hoping to join back xperia with IV because of its good overall specs but the overheating issues stopped me.

still waiting for more evidence that the overheating is solved before I decide.. or might just wait another year for mark V with the gen 2 chip (but god knows what new problems/issues will appear).

Toader

Reaction score
For those of you who wanted to purchase, read page 13 of this topic where I personally recorded more than 20 minutes of 4k video but deliberately stopped because I usually don't shoot such long videos . I'm more photo shooting haha ☺️, as well as a youtuber shooting around 20 minutes plus from his new firmware too.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those of you who wanted to purchase, read page 13 of this topic where I personally recorded more than 20 minutes of 4k video but deliberately stopped because I usually don't shoot such long videos . I'm more photo shooting haha ☺️, as well as a youtuber shooting around 20 minutes plus from his new firmware too.
I don't really do much videoing, more of phototaking.

but I read that even when the camera is just on standby (i.e. app is open and maybe user is taking casual photos here and there), the phone will warm up quickly.

is it still the case with the latest firmware?

that bothers me a lot.

Toader

Reaction score
I don't really do much videoing, more of phototaking.

but I read that even when the camera is just on standby (i.e. app is open and maybe user is taking casual photos here and there), the phone will warm up quickly.

is it still the case with the latest firmware?

that bothers me a lot.
It get warm when I took around 50 shots at around 1 second interval. Likely the saving generating heat.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It get warm when I took around 50 shots at around 1 second interval. Likely the saving generating heat.
are you referring to burst mode?

can understand why it gets hot when shooting burst mode...

but the concern is really about standby (like, not even shooting, just aiming around with the camera app on). it gets warm without even triggering the button.

that said, it seems to be a perennial issue with phones equipped with gen 1, not just xperia. so I'm inclined to wait for gen 2 (don't think mark V will be with gen 1+ right...)

Last edited:

Toader

Reaction score
are you referring to burst mode?

can understand why it gets hot when shooting burst mode...

but the concern is really about standby (like, not even shooting, just aiming around with the camera app on). it gets warm without even triggering the button.

that said, it seems to be a perennial issue with phones equipped with gen 1, not just xperia. so I'm inclined to wait for gen 2 (don't think mark V will be with gen 1+ right...)
nope I did not go burst mode. went auto in photo pro then snap at around 1 second intervals occasionally switching to zoom lens 85-125mm till it gets warm at around 50 shots. Then I stopped at 60 plus shots. The camera does not get warm during initial start up and aiming. (but likely again depend on how you make the sensor hot but in general camera it does not get warm in first one minute around)

Amuroraysg

Reaction score
7Qv8RrU.png

HongKong Set

Sent from EDMWER app!

ranchy

Reaction score
Somehow Sony updates is always damn long... Zzz..took me 2 hour plus..
Not sure what this patch updates is about.

Toader

Reaction score
There's still no update for SG set... Hope this update address major issues.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.