Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact

juliantchan

Reaction score
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Repair - Pop-up Screen (Battery)

(1) Had bought an Z3 Tablet Compact 4 years back about S$600.
Last week (Oct 21,2019) found the plastic screen protector and the display pop up/out from the right side of the tablet yet the tablet is functioning properly.
Clearly the cause of this is because the glue holding the plastic protector with the frame had dried out.
Called up Sony Customer Care for a repairing quote.
Had just received the quote from them and it is a whopping S$1,157+ which is double the original purchasing cost.
Since repairing cost is HIGH, staff had suggested to use the tablet until it is not functioning.

What a joke!

Guess I will drop Sony from my prefer vendor list.

(2) Brought the tablet to a repair shop next to the escalator at SLS L2 (Nov 2, 2019). The technician took a look of the tablet for a few seconds and has determined that the problem is caused by the (bloated) battery. Cost to replace this Z3TC battery is S$70.00 and will take only half an hour. Happily took the offer and the Z3TC is now functioning 100% as before....

Last edited:

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score

Last week (Oct 21,2019) found the plastic screen protector and the display pop up/out from the right side of the tablet yet the tablet is functioning properly.
Clearly the cause of this is because the glue holding the plastic protector with the frame had dried out.
Had just received the quote from them and it is a whopping S$1,157+ which is double the original purchasing cost.
Since repairing cost is HIGH, staff had suggested to use the tablet until it is not functioning.

What a joke!

(2) Brought the tablet to a repair shop next to the escalator at SLS L2 (Nov 2, 2019). The technician took a look of the tablet for a few seconds and has determined that the problem is caused by the (bloated) battery. Cost to replace this Z3TC battery is S$70.00 and will take only half an hour. Happily took the offer and the Z3TC is now functioning 100% as before....

$1157?

LOLOL that is absolutely absurd! who in that dept came up with such a price? clearly their prices are to discourage us from visiting their servicing centre cos they priced themselves out like that.

i bet their technicians must be damn free. everyday play game, lim kopi. or maybe they dont even hire any repair tech. all ad hoc freelance type. LOL got carrot to chop then they call in these techs for hire.

if i got the call, I dunno whether to laugh and ask the person over the phone to laugh with me, or to get upset with them :s13:

now u reminded me of one time when i emailed them for a quote too. i had a sony tv which was connected to my entertainment system through the ARC port. out of the blue, there was no audio through the ARC port anymore. only got audio. so i keep checking the settings and finally settled by connected another HDMI port on my TV instead.

then i emailed them. told them the problem and said i want to bring in the blu ray entertainment system.

the cost to diagnose and check, as listed on the website, is $120. and that doesnt include parts.

few years after.... so dumb of me..... i finally found out what was wrong....

the HDMI cable became faulty. i simply used another cheap Tiong cable to plug into the ARC port and everything works.

and that cable that was spoiled was an original Sony cable. never knew cable also can spoil even if u dont touch it :s22:

another experience i had..... my few years old samsung monitor which cost about $530. spoil, cannot turn on. i brought it to samsung svc ctr. I was quoted $400 for repairs. and their 'repair' is to change the entire panel. the lady told me to go buy a new one instead.

later i was very fortunate to have found a freelance tech on HWZ.... i sent him my monitor and also my TV which happen to spoil at that time.

he charged me $30 for each to repair my monitor and TV :s13:

my monitor is over 10 years old now :s13: samsung

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score

What a joke!

My battery is spoilt too. Can't last long. Maybe I can try my luck too.

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
Repaired my battery cost $80.

can share where u did it? got company name or facebook page?

cos i might have to do it in the near future

after they seal the tablet back, were they any issues like it pops back open again?

cos a long time ago, i went to KSL at JB to get my sony phone battery replaced. it was a Z2. they used some double sided tape to seal the rear cover back to the phone.

but it popped back open. i think maybe cos the tape not strong enough. i brought it back to them, they fixed it.... but the same thing happened.

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
can share where u did it? got company name or facebook page?

cos i might have to do it in the near future

after they seal the tablet back, were they any issues like it pops back open again?

cos a long time ago, i went to KSL at JB to get my sony phone battery replaced. it was a Z2. they used some double sided tape to seal the rear cover back to the phone.

but it popped back open. i think maybe cos the tape not strong enough. i brought it back to them, they fixed it.... but the same thing happened.
Hi, based on them they didn't remove the glue. It just stick it back and look secure. I did ask them still water resistant, they said yes as glue not removed.
U can stand there look them do it. Within 30min, it is done. Look simple job. Lol

So far look okay.

2nd floor of SLS near the escalator.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I bought a used set 4/5 years ago at $300, for my mum who used to bring it to and from work everyday
She stopped using it ever since I bought her cheap xiaomi phone, and the tablet has since been leaving it to the dust with the battery deteriorated and drained in couple of days even without activity

For new set, battery can last twice as longer even with light usage, think 1% can clock 12mins of SOT
Initially I have bought a sealed set from my friend at $600 upon release in 2014,brought it to work daily despite its huge yet very slim at 6mm, it served me well
In fact, Z3 series was good, have tried all

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.