Soundbar discussion Thread III {consolidated}

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
I would like a standalone soundbar without any external subwoofers. I have a mounted 50 inch tv. Not considering all other factors, which one is the better option? YAS105, YSP1600 or jbl cinema base?

Priority is sound quality, ease of use and value for money.

Last edited:

contacted

Reaction score
I would like a standalone soundbar without any external subwoofers. I have a mounted 50 inch tv. Not considering all other factors, which one is the better option? YAS105, YSP1600 or jbl cinema base?

Just wondering whats the street price of the JBL Cinema Base here? Courts online says its 659 SGD but Amazon is 168 USD.

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
Not sure but I heard many negative reviews about the JBL sound base. Any yamaha soundbar users here?

Milo-Dino

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

why don't you want the subwoofer?

without sub, I think the best stand alone should be the sonos..

Shue1726

Reaction score

I would recommend the Dali Kubik One. Great sound quality, which I could almost live without the sub to be honest.

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
Space concerns, and want to see less cables. 2nd choice after sonos? 1.3k can cry

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
Prefer to see just one unit. If you were to choose one without external sub, which would it be? Besides SONOS

destiny38

Reaction score
I have the same requirements, so Dali Kubik One is top of my shortlist.
I've read good things about Q Acoustics M4, still trying to find time to audition it. Cost less than Dali, so you can consider it.
But IMHO the sound is a whole new level with a subwoofer, even for expensive sound bars like Dali and Q.

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
If TV no optical or digital audio port, only have 3.5mm and RCA, which standalone soundbar is the better option of outputting best analog audio? (best scenario will be like vinyl records kind)

Will the yas105 cut it?

I don't need surround/dolby-like sound as my sources (hubstationHD, media box, spotify) are mostly stereo digital audio.

destiny38

Reaction score
If TV no optical or digital audio port, only have 3.5mm and RCA, which standalone soundbar is the better option of outputting best analog audio? (best scenario will be like vinyl records kind)

Will the yas105 cut it?

I don't need surround/dolby-like sound as my sources (hubstationHD, media box, spotify) are mostly stereo digital audio.

i think the difference between optical and rca/3.5mm is minimal for analog audio ... so the previous recommendations still apply.

aErOpLaNe911

Reaction score
hi all! would like to seek help for my situation.

existing setup:
1. TV sound output via TV speakers
2. dad's vintage turntable, connected to marantz PM4001 as preamp, connected to old passive speakers

proposed setup:
1. TV and turntable both output to a decent soundbar (without separate subwoofer, please)
[aim: eliminate the chunky marantz pm4001]
[aim: potential connectivity for blu-ray player, android tv box, starhub set-top box]

can please help to recommend a decent soundbar? also, i suppose i also will need a new (and smaller) preamp?

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
i think the difference between optical and rca/3.5mm is minimal for analog audio ... so the previous recommendations still apply.

Thanks but I think those (sonos,dalik) are kinda overkill for my budget and current setup. Taking into consideration my 2 year old optical-less TV, I don't think I want to invest too heavily in a top of the line soundbar yet since the difference won't be that significant. I prefer less clutter and I think I will opt for the yas105 for now instead.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
。。。proposed setup:
1. TV and turntable both output to a decent soundbar (without separate subwoofer, please)
[aim: eliminate the chunky marantz pm4001]
[aim: potential connectivity for blu-ray player, android tv box, starhub set-top box]

can please help to recommend a decent soundbar? also, i suppose i also will need a new (and smaller) preamp?
你系唔得直頭駁接黑膠唱機去聲吧嘅!音質出來會變音嘅!
研究下以下兩頁資訊~~~再做決定!
https://www.turntablelab.com/pages/beginners-guide-to-turntables
http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24343

Ludwig

Reaction score
Thanks but I think those (sonos,dalik) are kinda overkill for my budget and current setup. Taking into consideration my 2 year old optical-less TV, I don't think I want to invest too heavily in a top of the line soundbar yet since the difference won't be that significant. I prefer less clutter and I think I will opt for the yas105 for now instead.

Hi, have you gotten the yas105? If so, care to share the price & review?

I am also facing the similar requirements as yours:
Clutter free,
w/o sub woofer,
budget

Seems like only Sonos & Dalik fit into the requirements.

ferocity

Master Member
Reaction score
Hope to get some recommendations from pros here. Looking to get a soundbar to connect to my 50inch tv in my bedroom. My requirements:

1. Budget preferably around $250. Max i can stretch to is $300.

2. Dont need fantastic sound quality. Just something that is better than the sound produced by the tv speakers.

3. Hdmi Arc connection is a MUST as i am looking to output sound to 2-3 external devices.

Currently i have 2 models shortlisted that fits my requirements, Philips HTL3140B and Samsung HW-K360 but i would welcomes any other suggestions. To be honest, i would rather have preferred to get a set of home theater in a box but currently there are so few HTIAB options in the market at my budget range.

siaoguitar

Reaction score
Hi all. My home theatre just kaput...so now on the hunt for a new soundbar for my living room, some models I have shortlisted are LG HS8, SH8, SH7, anyone has experience in LG can comment?
Basically LG seems to be very good with the music flow ranges.
I was initially eying the Samsung HW-K450....but LG is a network soundbar.

paul6351

Reaction score
Hi there,

Anyone can recommend a good sound bar with sub woofer from Yamaha. Where is the best place to buy from. My budget is around $700 to $1200.
thank you.

imranhelp

Reaction score
So I am considering getting either JBL SB150, LG SH2, LG SH3B, Sony HTCT180 or Phillips CSS2133B. Anyone has tried any of the above? Or is there a better soundbar + subwoofer under $300. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.