Soundbar discussion Thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My brother has JBL SB400 which I feel is, while usable and pretty decent and nothing much to complain about, but just feels like it simply doesn't beat the sound of normal speakers.

Turns out it is actually one of the better performing soundbar sets in a sea of wtf soundbars.

1113soundbar.jplmeas.jpg

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/soundbar-roundup-jbl-cinema-sb400

YAS-207 by the same reviewer here lol
https://www.soundandvision.com/content/yamaha-yas-207-soundbar-system-review-test-bench

113017_yamaha_YAS-207_test.jpg

sFerragamo

Reaction score
My LG woofer cannot be paired anymore even after i tried all solutions online. Can any master recommend a place to repair it. Mine just entry level. Not looking to pay much for the repair.

benedium

Master Member
Reaction score
My LG woofer cannot be paired anymore even after i tried all solutions online. Can any master recommend a place to repair it. Mine just entry level. Not looking to pay much for the repair.

You sure? Cos online got a case where the guy forgot to turn on the power for the subwoofer haha.

rootz

Reaction score
Sonos Soundbar seems good though ex. Any current users can share feedback mah? Thanks.

BlueRobin

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a LG 65" 4K 65UJ632T using it mostly for regular TV from Singtel Box. I watch news and drama and lots of football matches.

I wanted to improve the sound from the standard TV speakers.

Besides that, I also wish to play TuneIN and Spotify to the soundbar when I am not watching TV.

I have space constrains and may have problem putting in a sub. While I understanding soundbar without sub may be underwhelming but I am hoping there is one that would work well with just the SB alone considering my moderate usage.

What would be your recommendation? Budget may go up to $1,000 but wish to spend less if there are good cheaper options.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

reds79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sonos Soundbar seems good though ex. Any current users can share feedback mah? Thanks.

i'm using it now...

sound wise is alright to me....

waiting to buy subwoofer from sonos

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You bought a sound bar without a subwoofer? You're one brave soul my man.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a LG 65" 4K 65UJ632T using it mostly for regular TV from Singtel Box. I watch news and drama and lots of football matches.

I wanted to improve the sound from the standard TV speakers.

Besides that, I also wish to play TuneIN and Spotify to the soundbar when I am not watching TV.

What would be your recommendation? Budget may go up to $1,000 but wish to spend less if there are good cheaper options.

Thank you in advance.
Would recommend Samsung MS750, good 4 both music n movies. Support tunein, tidal, deezer n Spotify but tink need premium acct. can stream from NAS also for your music collection using its app. shld b <1k for bar & sub. Can add surround rear spk if u wish.

Last edited:

BlueRobin

Reaction score
Would recommend Samsung MS750, good 4 both music n movies. Support tunein, tidal, deezer n Spotify but tink need premium acct. can stream from NAS also for your music collection using its app. shld b <1k for bar & sub. Can add surround rear spk if u wish.

Thanks! Will certainly check it out.

I read online review of MS650 also highly rated and that seems to work well even without the sub. I do have limited space so adding a sub may have some constrains.

Last edited:

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
CFO dun allow lah... :sad:
你當時就唔應該買SONOS聲叭。
SONOS聲叭嘅價格,就算打佐折,都可以俾你買到其他品牌全套,包含低音箱嘅聲叭。而且音質仲可以贏過SONOS添!

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
你當時就唔應該買SONOS聲叭。
SONOS聲叭嘅價格,就算打佐折,都可以俾你買到其他品牌全套,包含低音箱嘅聲叭。而且音質仲可以贏過SONOS添!

HK belongs to China.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Thanks! Will certainly check it out.

I read online review of MS650 also highly rated and that seems to work well even without the sub. I do have limited space so adding a sub may have some constrains.
No Sub good, got sub best especially 4 movies! I also face same problem but hearing it at store I’m convinced 2 get it wif sub for movies. I just place it next 2 sofa n in the way of corridor. Anyway it’s really up to u.

Last edited:

kcpeh

Reaction score
Any propose sub to match with MS650/750? Saw the price 399/499 display UNIT with 6mth wty. Wty can extend. Good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.