Soundbar discussion Thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
I am considering to get a SoundBar for my computer setup, prefer a all in 1 solution with the sub built-in.

Most of the SoundBars are designed to connect to the TVs. And I wonder can the Yamaha YAS107 output computer sound if I have the proper connection such as the 3.5mm and optical out?

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any info on this soundbar?

Polk MagniFi Mini Home Theater

Can't find anything around here. Any polk showroom in sg?

petetherock

Reaction score
I am considering to get a SoundBar for my computer setup, prefer a all in 1 solution with the sub built-in.

Most of the SoundBars are designed to connect to the TVs. And I wonder can the Yamaha YAS107 output computer sound if I have the proper connection such as the 3.5mm and optical out?

So long as your PC has the needed outputs it will work.

Haeresis

Reaction score
any recommendation for soundbar for tv Sony KD-65X7000E 65" 4K HDR Smart TV, budget is about 500 sgd.

Main purpose of using it is for PS4 gaming and movie, is it easy to set up soundbar to use on PS4? thanks in advance.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendation for soundbar for tv Sony KD-65X7000E 65" 4K HDR Smart TV, budget is about 500 sgd.

Main purpose of using it is for PS4 gaming and movie, is it easy to set up soundbar to use on PS4? thanks in advance.

Quite big size, why didn't consider TV + Soundbar bundle before buying :s11:
So big at the most CT-800 if not big image with small sound.
However that is up to you, you can get cheaper sound like
CT-390 but may need to up the volume.

I am using X8000E but with AVR setup, my size only 43" but
decent enough 5.1 speaker power up to 600 Watt thumping power.
Feel like cinema for me, hopefully neighbor don't complain. :s13:

Haeresis

Reaction score
any bundle to recommend? or i just go to the store and ask them to recommend?

Thank you.

Stylebit

Reaction score
Any recommendation for soundbar for Sony 49" X7000E? Budget is about 400sgd. Using it for watching drama, YouTube, listening songs, PS4 gaming. Many thanks in advance.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

clock_ED

Reaction score
Hi guys, is LG SJ9 at $879 a good price to buy? :)

Thinking of pairing it with LG65C7T.

slayer2004

Reaction score
Any recommendation for soundbar for Sony 49" X7000E? Budget is about 400sgd. Using it for watching drama, YouTube, listening songs, PS4 gaming. Many thanks in advance.

You can try Samsung MS650....built in subwoofer but packs a punch!

Mustafa is selling 480 plus whilst outside superstores are selling 6 to 700 plus

Stylebit

Reaction score
You can try Samsung MS650....built in subwoofer but packs a punch!

Mustafa is selling 480 plus whilst outside superstores are selling 6 to 700 plus
Thanks. Will go mustafa one day to see

Haeresis

Reaction score
hi comparing sony HT RT5 and HT-CT800 which would be better and a better buy? thank you.

p00p00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I paired my sony tv X9000 with sony HT-NT5 and the setup was pretty simple. Sound wise no complaints

Stylebit

Reaction score
Just wondering. Is it better to buy soundbar of the same brand as the TV?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. Is it better to buy soundbar of the same brand as the TV?

No. It is better to buy a Soundbar that supports the most audio standards from Dolby Surround to DTS Surround all the way up to the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for full compatibility of the majority of formats. Something like the Sony HT-ST5000.

Last edited:

JX1983

Reaction score
No. It is better to buy a Soundbar that supports the most audio standards from Dolby Surround to DTS Surround all the way up to the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for full compatibility of the majority of formats. Something like the Sony HT-ST5000.

What is the cheapest price in the market now for st5000?:s11: I change 2 times liao at gain city from K950 to Sonos now u said st5000 thought of changing again before delivery lol..

jack27

Reaction score
What is the cheapest price in the market now for st5000?:s11: I change 2 times liao at gain city from K950 to Sonos now u said st5000 thought of changing again before delivery lol..

I will go for ST5000 coz Sonos doesnt support all the format.. but online audio streaming Sonos is better.

JX1983

Reaction score
I will go for ST5000 coz Sonos doesnt support all the format.. but online audio streaming Sonos is better.

I see.. means u said if I do mostly online music streaming or mostly watch show from online like apps or android box, tv programmes better use sonos right?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I see.. means u said if I do mostly online music streaming or mostly watch show from online like apps or android box, tv programmes better use sonos right?

He mentioned audio streaming. Like playing Spotify. But for movies and TV shows that have Dolby Atmos or DTS:X like a lot of Netflix TV shows and movies, then you are better off with Sony's HT-ST5000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.