Soundbar discussion Thread V [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaped

Reaction score
Thanks jedi5diah, im not into multi room setup. Seems theres another discount TVAUDIO10 tho expiring on the 3rd.

RaptureM3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a noob question here hope you guys can help me out.

I'm thinking of getting the Sony HT-X8500 soundbar to use with my TV. My TV has HDMI ARC port so i believe all my devices can be connected to the soundbar and the soundbar has ONE cable to the TV (clean).

Assuming i have multiple devices (PS4, XBOX, Starhub, Mi Box S, Karaoke, etc) - but from what i see on Sony's website, the Sony HT-X8500 only has 2 HDMI ports (1 already used to connect to the TV), how would this work? Means i can't connect all the devices to the soundbar? I have to split some between the soundbar and the TV?

Another question is, if i have multiple devices connected to the soundbar instead of the TV, how would i change the "Source" to select between the XBOX, PS4, etc?

Thanks in advance, just trying to learn and clean up my audio setup! :)

P.S. Anyone knows where i can get Sony HT-X8500 for the best price? I saw HN 12.12 sale had it for $529 or something, and some resellers on Carousell selling for $4xx.

AwfullySmart

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a noob question here hope you guys can help me out.

I'm thinking of getting the Sony HT-X8500 soundbar to use with my TV. My TV has HDMI ARC port so i believe all my devices can be connected to the soundbar and the soundbar has ONE cable to the TV (clean).

Assuming i have multiple devices (PS4, XBOX, Starhub, Mi Box S, Karaoke, etc) - but from what i see on Sony's website, the Sony HT-X8500 only has 2 HDMI ports (1 already used to connect to the TV), how would this work? Means i can't connect all the devices to the soundbar? I have to split some between the soundbar and the TV?

Another question is, if i have multiple devices connected to the soundbar instead of the TV, how would i change the "Source" to select between the XBOX, PS4, etc?

Thanks in advance, just trying to learn and clean up my audio setup! :)

P.S. Anyone knows where i can get Sony HT-X8500 for the best price? I saw HN 12.12 sale had it for $529 or something, and some resellers on Carousell selling for $4xx.

Why do you want to connect the devices to soundbar, and not to TV?

RaptureM3

Reaction score
Cleaner look with 1 cable from soundbar to TV as it is wall-mounted.

Rest of the devices can hide the cabling to the soundbar.

And also, been reading a bit, seems that's why the HDMI ARC is mainly used for, so all the devices can go straight to the soundbar as a "hub"? I might be mistaken though haha.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
He already knows this. I think the answer is to consider a different soundbar with more hdmi inputs.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Anyone got any comments on LG soundbars? Like the SL-8YG?

gregkwan

Reaction score
Sony HT-Z9F

Where can I get the Sony HT-Z9F, preferably with the SA-Z9R speakers, cheaper than Sony's listed promo prices?

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cleaner look with 1 cable from soundbar to TV as it is wall-mounted.

Rest of the devices can hide the cabling to the soundbar.

And also, been reading a bit, seems that's why the HDMI ARC is mainly used for, so all the devices can go straight to the soundbar as a "hub"? I might be mistaken though haha.

You are wrong. Hdmi arc is to allow for sound and video to go through 1 cable between tv and soundbar provided all are compatible with each other. The correct thing to do is to connect all other devices to the tv and use the tv as a hub to output the sound to the soundbar.

Hdmi arc is to simplify the cabling of soundbar to tv only.

RaptureM3

Reaction score
You are wrong. Hdmi arc is to allow for sound and video to go through 1 cable between tv and soundbar provided all are compatible with each other. The correct thing to do is to connect all other devices to the tv and use the tv as a hub to output the sound to the soundbar.

Hdmi arc is to simplify the cabling of soundbar to tv only.

Got it, thanks! :D

TV only has 3 HDMI so if soundbar takes 1, i only left 2 (Mi Box S takes the other 1), only left 1.

nagase_4

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking to upgrade my stuff in June with a budget of around $2.5k

Gonna cater about $1k for mitv 65”

With $1.5k budget remaining, can i seek advice and recommendations on a 5.1 surround system with soundbar?

Thanks!

moron+genius

Reaction score

With $1.5k budget remaining, can i seek advice and recommendations on a 5.1 surround system with soundbar?

Thanks!
$1.5k can get 7.1.4 Atmos soundbar like Samsung q90r

awleong

Reaction score

Thanks!
If u don't need rear speakers, I recommend Samsung N850 (5.1.2) which is basically the same as Q80R. The clarity and bass is excellent, it's going for $999 on Parisilk (Lazada) now. Most value for money I feel.

nagase_4

Reaction score
$1.5k can get 7.1.4 Atmos soundbar like Samsung q90r

What is 7.1.4?

If u don't need rear speakers, I recommend Samsung N850 (5.1.2) which is basically the same as Q80R. The clarity and bass is excellent, it's going for $999 on Parisilk (Lazada) now. Most value for money I feel.

Rear is the one u put on the left and right of your sofa?
i understand that with a soundbar, there are 3 speakers inside. then for a 5.1...is front 3 in the soundbar, 1 subwoofer, and 1 each on the left and right of the sofa

Correct or not ah?

moron+genius

Reaction score
7.1.4 = 7 channels + 1 subwoofer + 4 height channels. Goggle on Dolby atmos n surround sound 4 more info

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.