Soundbar discussion Thread V [consolidated]

croc1977

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys .,.

currently in my room using a old sony CT-150....which can playback 5:1 without an issue.

looking for replacement liao but looking for soundbar with multiple hdmi minimum and support both dolby and dts codec..minimum

was looking for Sony HT-CT800 but EOL most store no more or left display set.

then i found out this

never really heard this brand . but looks good to me esp with 3 hdmi in

i know some say use HDMI Spliter but i think i rather select from the amp then a selector. have alot of issue with other selector. not enough power blah blah ...

so any advice of this brand and do they have local rma ?

mainly to ps3/4/switch/pc /chromecasting

tan8888

Reaction score
Hi, my Samsung Soundbar Sound+ MS650 bought in 2018 was dead and can't turn on. It happen when i switch on the power, hear a loud (jerk) sound from the speaker, then it die off. No way to turn in on again, no LCD display as well. Open up the casing, and tested the fuse with test pen, the light of test pen is on, so likely is not fuse blown out. Any input or suggestion to fix it?

Is it worth to repair? Where to bring for the repair and estimated repair cost?

benedium

Reaction score
Better not send for repair. Based on all the repair threads here, those who try only get ripped off by desperate and unqualified/incompetent repairmen and end up wasting more money as well as time wasted going back and forth due to unsatisfactory service. Better save the money to buy new one with warranty. This way u get the latest tech and future proofing too. At least the cost may be worth it compared to repair.

albino

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a soundbar. No need to be super. Just for home use but need with following 2 requirements :-
1) Non battery operate, using main plug.
2) Consist of digital FM radio. Number key in tuning to get straight to the station instead of knob manual tuning. Good receiving.

I have been searching through Shopee, Lazada and Taobao but can't find one with the 2 requirement mentioned above.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

petetherock

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a soundbar. No need to be super. Just for home use but need with following 2 requirements :-
2) Consist of digital FM radio. Number key in tuning to get straight to the station instead of knob manual tuning. Good receiving.

I have been searching through Shopee, Lazada and Taobao but can't find one with the 2 requirement mentioned above.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.
Since there's no mention of budget, then I guess the sky is the limit.
The Dynaudio Music 7 has such functions.
The Music 5 too.

benedium

Reaction score
Soundbar is the wrong search keyword. Just search "FM radio digital" I found many under $20.

Last edited:

Rong626

Reaction score
Sonos cfo said they'll be increasing the prices of some of their products in next fiscal year

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Soundbar is the wrong search keyword. Just search "FM radio digital" I found many under $20.
Yah, when I saw his post, I was scratching my head:

I was thinking, where got soundbar that is 'battery operated' (he'd excluded that) and must be 'using main plug' (all soundbars I know of use main plug). The 'digital FM radio' also threw me off....stupidly didn't even consider that he'd been looking those digital FM radio doohickey.

ChewAhSoon

Reaction score
Is it recommended to get the samsung q600a from carousell, since its given free from tv purchases. After that planning to add rear speakers using the wireless kit (SWA-9100S)? Would atmos work on this 5.1.2 setup or would it default back to 5.1?

Last edited:

qwertyotaku

Reaction score
qn - if sound bar is up-firing type (eg LG SP8YA), how do you wall mount it?

wall mount it normally with the speakers facing up
or
mount it with the speakers facing you directly?

samsocute

Reaction score
Is it recommended to get the samsung q600a from carousell, since its given free from tv purchases. After that planning to add rear speakers using the wireless kit (SWA-9100S)? Would atmos work on this 5.1.2 setup or would it default back to 5.1?

bought 1 yesterday for less than $300.

good soundbar

benedium

Reaction score
qn - if sound bar is up-firing type (eg LG SP8YA), how do you wall mount it?

wall mount it normally with the speakers facing up
or
mount it with the speakers facing you directly?
It should be in the instruction manual of the soundbar.

ferocity

Master Member
Reaction score
Sonos announces Beam gen 2 with atmos support

USD$449 come here become SGD$799. Sonos themselves have recently increased prices for their products across the board, but on top of that we pay a further markup just for paper warranty. https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/10/22667044/sonos-speaker-price-increases-announce-september-12

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.