Soundbar discussion Thread V [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Better not send for repair. Based on all the repair threads here, those who try only get ripped off by desperate and unqualified/incompetent repairmen and end up wasting more money as well as time wasted going back and forth due to unsatisfactory service. Better save the money to buy new one with warranty. This way u get the latest tech and future proofing too. At least the cost may be worth it compared to repair.

albino

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a soundbar. No need to be super. Just for home use but need with following 2 requirements :-
1) Non battery operate, using main plug.
2) Consist of digital FM radio. Number key in tuning to get straight to the station instead of knob manual tuning. Good receiving.

I have been searching through Shopee, Lazada and Taobao but can't find one with the 2 requirement mentioned above.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

petetherock

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a soundbar. No need to be super. Just for home use but need with following 2 requirements :-
2) Consist of digital FM radio. Number key in tuning to get straight to the station instead of knob manual tuning. Good receiving.

I have been searching through Shopee, Lazada and Taobao but can't find one with the 2 requirement mentioned above.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.
Since there's no mention of budget, then I guess the sky is the limit.
The Dynaudio Music 7 has such functions.
The Music 5 too.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Soundbar is the wrong search keyword. Just search "FM radio digital" I found many under $20.

Last edited:

Rong626

Reaction score
Sonos cfo said they'll be increasing the prices of some of their products in next fiscal year

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Soundbar is the wrong search keyword. Just search "FM radio digital" I found many under $20.
Yah, when I saw his post, I was scratching my head:

I was thinking, where got soundbar that is 'battery operated' (he'd excluded that) and must be 'using main plug' (all soundbars I know of use main plug). The 'digital FM radio' also threw me off....stupidly didn't even consider that he'd been looking those digital FM radio doohickey.

ChewAhSoon

Reaction score
Is it recommended to get the samsung q600a from carousell, since its given free from tv purchases. After that planning to add rear speakers using the wireless kit (SWA-9100S)? Would atmos work on this 5.1.2 setup or would it default back to 5.1?

Last edited:

qwertyotaku

Reaction score
qn - if sound bar is up-firing type (eg LG SP8YA), how do you wall mount it?

wall mount it normally with the speakers facing up
or
mount it with the speakers facing you directly?

samsocute

Reaction score
Is it recommended to get the samsung q600a from carousell, since its given free from tv purchases. After that planning to add rear speakers using the wireless kit (SWA-9100S)? Would atmos work on this 5.1.2 setup or would it default back to 5.1?

bought 1 yesterday for less than $300.

good soundbar

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
qn - if sound bar is up-firing type (eg LG SP8YA), how do you wall mount it?

wall mount it normally with the speakers facing up
or
mount it with the speakers facing you directly?
It should be in the instruction manual of the soundbar.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

durexxx

Reaction score

Pueh Kee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bros got recommendation for a bang for the bucks soundbar?

-budget around 300-400
-no subwoofer(my dog mouth very itchy, like to disturb)
-4rm bto type of living room
-light movie watching and some music here n there

really appreciate your help here..

Last edited:

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
Any bros got recommendation for a bang for the bucks soundbar?

-budget around 300-400
-no subwoofer(my dog mouth very itchy, like to disturb)
-4rm bto type of living room
-light movie watching and some music here n there

really appreciate your help here..
Yamaha sound bar with in-built subwoofer . There is the Yas series , the SR b20 A and c20A and another higher end one called ysp sound projector.

Both have in built subwoofer and also u can add yr own external subwoofer through their sub out port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.