Soundbar discussion Thread VI [consolidated]

skthk21

Reaction score
saw Sony ht-G700 on Lazada for $496. Can buy or not ? Am using mio tv box to watch Netflix will I be able to get dobly atoms if connected to this soundbar ? And if I buy chromecast w google tv can get dobly ? But my tv is 11 years old Bravia.

zacky1223

Reaction score
Hi everyone can I check for Sonos arc and the sub how much did you guys buy during the sale period? Just want to get a sense of best price I can get. Thank you! :)

zacky1223

Reaction score
ok thanks for the advise. Sounds like a plan. Hope to hear from more Sonos Arc and Sub bundle how much they managed to get it :)

dreamaurora

Reaction score
ok thanks for the advise. Sounds like a plan. Hope to hear from more Sonos Arc and Sub bundle how much they managed to get it :)

Frankly I think your best option is to wait until Takashimaya 10% member sale and get your Arc and Sub there. That would be probably be the cheapest they would get for now, at least until the next generation.

zacky1223

Reaction score
Frankly I think your best option is to wait until Takashimaya 10% member sale and get your Arc and Sub there. That would be probably be the cheapest they would get for now, at least until the next generation.
ok cool thanks for this. I will keep a lookout a Takashimaya side. For those ecommerce Lazada, Shopee etc got chance to have higher discount ma?

dreamaurora

Reaction score
ok cool thanks for this. I will keep a lookout a Takashimaya side. For those ecommerce Lazada, Shopee etc got chance to have higher discount ma?

I checked out the prices regularly coz last time I was on lookout for the Sub, but the prices never went below 10% of the RRP.

us spy

Reaction score
whats the best sound bar currently, is it ambeo or sonos arc? i tried the full arc with sub and back speaker, feels as good as ambeo. Price also similar. Ambeo business seem to be sold off as well.

zacky1223

Reaction score
whats the best sound bar currently, is it ambeo or sonos arc? i tried the full arc with sub and back speaker, feels as good as ambeo. Price also similar. Ambeo business seem to be sold off as well.
I havent tried the Ambeo. I went to try the Arc full set yst. Damn good. I tried bose 900 with the full set too. But i like Arc one more.

dreamaurora

Reaction score

Consensus seems to be Arc. Samsung might be as good also because they are basically Harman Kardon now. There's also Dali Katch One but I do think it's kind of pointless.

If you are willing to spend on Arc you can consider also Kef LS50 + subwoofer of your choice. Or you can also go down the rabbit hole and consider a receiver/amp + floorstanders/standmount speakers. Receiver + speakers will give better sound at lower price if you don't mind the cables.

Reaction score
I checked out the prices regularly coz last time I was on lookout for the Sub, but the prices never went below 10% of the RRP.
ya, i agree sonos arc discount is hard to come by....i have to use shop vouchers, credit card voucher, stacked with lazada/shopee vouchers to get >10% off retail price... need a bit of effort....

fantuzzi

Reaction score
Hi everyone, would like to replace my current soundbar. Budget around $500-$700. any recommendations? Thanks!

radzkal

Reaction score
I am currently pairing edifier r1280db with my samsung ua40j6000 from 2015/16. Would changing to creative stage v2 or samsung q600a be an upgrade? My gripe with the edifier is i can only connect it to tv via optical when my tv have hdmi arc.

chatbot

Reaction score
ya, i agree sonos arc discount is hard to come by....i have to use shop vouchers, credit card voucher, stacked with lazada/shopee vouchers to get >10% off retail price... need a bit of effort....

i heard Harvey Norman promotion over radio, sonos arc + subwoofer is 2598. not sure if that’s attractive for you guys

wlcling

Reaction score
Any good soundbars that dont require subs? Want a simple setup but dont want to lose out bass either

So far only saw Dht s216 which has its own downfiring subs (small ones)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.