S'poreans Migrated to Canada LIP LAI

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Lion City @ Mississauga still around? There's also this small stall at a food court in Markham. Pacific mall used to have this overpriced Singaporean restaurant as well :s13:

I've heard of Lion City but can't recall ever going there. I've been to Pac Mall a couple of time too but it's nothing special to me.

My place in Toronto is downtown so I go to the downtown Chinatown with occasional visits to the Chinatown on Gerrard on the east side.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
farming is definitely out of the question for singaporeans....asian food like pho is easily available...but not your typical laksa, mer rebus

You can go and get an agricultural degree at Guelph University...then pay a large sum to buy up some farmland near Toronto and grow Asian veggies. For the past few years it's been a real growth business. (No pun intended.) The Asian population in TO is now over 50% and Asian food is becoming much more common.

Fennel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fennel>> why did u return to Singapore?

Even though Vancouver is beautiful... it's bittersweet -- You feel the gorgeous scenery taunting you as you have no one to enjoy it with. Vancouver is quite hard to make friends. The people generally are somewhat cold and guarded... superficially friendly/outgoing.

Also felt like I had duties to perform back in SG anyway. I didn't want to run away without trying my best back home.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've heard of Lion City but can't recall ever going there. I've been to Pac Mall a couple of time too but it's nothing special to me.

My place in Toronto is downtown so I go to the downtown Chinatown with occasional visits to the Chinatown on Gerrard on the east side.

We used to take the GO train to Square One and take a bus to Lion City :s13:

Yea Pac Mall is no big deal, just a place to get some Chinese groceries and mingle with Chinese people :s13:

Personally I prefer Scarborough's "Chinatown" to the one downtown. Better food, cleaner and no trams. :o

Damn I miss Toronto. Think I should really make the trip back to visit my alma mater next year.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very far away meh? Ppl stay in moved to Seattle or NYC, not really that far from Vancouver or Toronto. Just 1 more hr flight.

Hack ppl living in the mid west may seem nearer but still need to fly to coast and take another flight into Midwest or even Texas, just as far if not further. Excuse excuse sign

So count of ppl there from sg zero.

Alberta was easy for ppl with USA work visa. Oil oil oil!!!

Last edited:

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very far away meh? Ppl stay in moved to Seattle or NYC, not really that far from Vancouver or Toronto. Just 1 more hr flight.

Hack ppl living in the mid west may seem nearer but still need to fly to coast and take another flight into Midwest or even Texas, just as far if not further. Excuse excuse sign

So count of ppl there from sg zero.

Alberta was easy for ppl with USA work visa. Oil oil oil!!!

I actually have Singaporean friends who are staying in Texas now. Sure, Toronto might only be 28hrs away (1 way) but its still far compared to Aus/NZ.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toronto is normally less than 21 hrs from SG but a couple of hours longer from TO to SG.

Star Alliance members such as Air Canada and United provide the greatest number of flights. AC's service quality has really improved!

kaisin82

Reaction score
seems like people here have either gone there and returned or are gg to study there....anyone applying to go there as PR?

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
If i study Uni there ish it easy to get PR/Citizenship there?

Easier than aussie?

icansing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can someone give tips for normal white collar executive in their 20s to migrate there?i no special skill or profession...zzz.i always wanted to live in Canada

MiG123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah knn nid 22 mths just to process skilled visa...

The fts here really have it good...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.