S'poreans Migrated to Canada LIP LAI

cyke69sg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tent.....no money to buy rv. We have a big tent. yah 2 Jack lake is really pretty but quite close by, no point tenting, but that's me haha.

You can rent an RV if you want to try. Personally I wouldnt buy RV unless I am avid camper and use it often. Many headaches - insurance, storage during winter , maintenance. https://www.rangelandrv.com/ Rangeland RV is near Crossiron mills. If you do try RV , try to go to private full service campsites where you can drive through (no need to reverse park) and hook up fresh water and more importantly grey and black water sewage drainage. Provincial and Federal park sites would not be so fun as they don't have the full service (sewage drainage) at each site.

Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
camping, even with avid camper can go with tent. RV is more for ppl want to camp but don’t want to leave the luxury of home.

cheap RV new are not cheap. RV under say usd$150k can give u a lot of pain. Engine and transmission stuff that moves the vehicle maybe don’t have much headaches but things like AC, fridge or stove does break easily as they are not made for home. My buddy new RV fridge broke day 3 into his road trip, after trip he has been claiming warranty for weeks. He has a https://www.winnebago.com/models/product/motorhomes/class-c/minnie-winnie-1

vehicles which use home electric will last.

insurance and storage is the least of the headaches. Repairs claiming warranty is a pain

Last edited:

kaisin82

Reaction score
Yah I have been to 2 jack lake several times over the years, love it. Didn’t know that the reflection is mount rundle. It’s amazing that the mountains are so close by and easily accessible.

kaisin82

Reaction score
Yah renting a RV is on my list, sold my Camry recently for a car that pulls 5000lbs and a towing hitch. Maybe a tent trailer or something just to test it out.

But it shall be tenting as of now. I already established so many camping gear!

just booked another one at Kootenay yesterday.

cyke69sg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah renting a RV is on my list, sold my Camry recently for a car that pulls 5000lbs and a towing hitch. Maybe a tent trailer or something just to test it out.

But it shall be tenting as of now. I already established so many camping gear!

just booked another one at Kootenay yesterday.

Haha! Yeah so much stuff. Ice box. BBQ. Tent. Inflatable beds. Sleeping bags. Those alone take up quite a bit of space in the vehicle. If you have small family, regular SUV ok. My family is big. 6 of us. I got the Thule roof top box can pack the sleeping bags and rafting equipment. But the Suzuki XL7 was still too small. In the end had to go for large SUV.

Kids now older they not keen to camp with us.

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i’m really keen to move after studying exchange in alberta. haf been compiling info n doing my ielts. thinking if i should engage agent to assist...

cyke69sg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i’m really keen to move after studying exchange in alberta. haf been compiling info n doing my ielts. thinking if i should engage agent to assist...

Don't need agent. But hey if money is not a problem agent can help take care of the paperwork for you less headache.

I hired agent back in 2004. 7k.

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't need agent. But hey if money is not a problem agent can help take care of the paperwork for you less headache.

I hired agent back in 2004. 7k.
money aside, i am worried i will miss out stuff in the application... and maybe higher chance with agent?

cyke69sg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
money aside, i am worried i will miss out stuff in the application... and maybe higher chance with agent?

Missing out stuff is not a deal breaker. CIC will just ask you for missing information. A bit of delay in the process. But these days Express route is very fast as long as you meet the points cut off.

Nowadays much faster. Back in 2004 I waited 5 years to get my PR.

Last edited:

kaisin82

Reaction score
I did mine without agent unless your agent can come your house, open your drawers, dig out all your documents, fill the form without asking you, help you take ielts, help you pack your stuff in the box, maybe that money is worth it. It’s basically filling out forms.

I previously waited 5 years to get PR as well. Now it’s much faster.

kaisin82

Reaction score
have you tried using their points calculator to see if you can get into their express entry?

kaisin82

Reaction score
If I remember correctly , there’s even a booklet to teach you how to fill. But most importantly go check and see if your points can meet the requirements.

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly , there’s even a booklet to teach you how to fill. But most importantly go check and see if your points can meet the requirements.
i do meet the points, but it doesn’t mean hit then can get, dui ma?

cyke69sg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i do meet the points, but it doesn’t mean hit then can get, dui ma?

Actually if you do meet the points then you should quickly fill the forms (have you done the IELTS and got the scores already?) and apply.

Cos the cut off points will change according to the applicants. If somehow many people who have high points apply then the points cut off will go up. But it can also go down if people who apply have fewer points.

In essence if you meet the point it means you get the PR. And it is usually very fast. 6 months from your application can get the PR already. That's why it is called Express Entry.

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually if you do meet the points then you should quickly fill the forms (have you done the IELTS and got the scores already?) and apply.

Cos the cut off points will change according to the applicants. If somehow many people who have high points apply then the points cut off will go up. But it can also go down if people who apply have fewer points.

In essence if you meet the point it means you get the PR. And it is usually very fast. 6 months from your application can get the PR already. That's why it is called Express Entry.
yup done ielts - i did academic husband did general not sure if got diff.

i trying to settle the uni certs. seems like need some additional conversion or certification to prove my uni degree was not ... “fake”?

cyke69sg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup done ielts - i did academic husband did general not sure if got diff.

i trying to settle the uni certs. seems like need some additional conversion or certification to prove my uni degree was not ... “fake”?

yeah need to send for verification by external body. So you need to get all these things done then send in application.

If your points are above the most recent cut off, you probably will get the PR, barring a sudden surge of much more highly qualified applicants in the coming draws.

Applying for and getting the PR is the easiest part. Actually moving to Canada and finding work, settling down, being secure financially that one is very very tough. Majority of immigrants from Singapore don't succeed in Canada. They go back to Singapore.

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah need to send for verification by external body. So you need to get all these things done then send in application.

If your points are above the most recent cut off, you probably will get the PR, barring a sudden surge of much more highly qualified applicants in the coming draws.
does it matter which external body i go?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.