S'poreans Migrated to Canada LIP LAI

cyke69sg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does it matter which external body i go?

It is more than 15 years since I applied.

And it depends on what kind of qualifications you have ...I think. Some bodies are better for certain qualifications.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-i...ms/skilled-worker-professional-immigration.4/
You can try this forum to ask questions too.

When my siblings applied they used IQAS because it is Alberta and they wanted to go to Alberta.

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is more than 15 years since I applied.

And it depends on what kind of qualifications you have ...I think. Some bodies are better for certain qualifications.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-i...ms/skilled-worker-professional-immigration.4/
You can try this forum to ask questions too.
i did ask there but didn’t get any answers for some qns so i started linkedin connecting wif ppl and asking them LOL. thanks for info too!

kaisin82

Reaction score
Actually if you have made up your mind, and your points is above the cutoff , you should quickly apply. Every year older, you get 5 points lesser. :)

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually if you have made up your mind, and your points is above the cutoff , you should quickly apply. Every year older, you get 5 points lesser. :)
yup i hope too bt husband parents dun wan us to go too..hmm. but we noe we want lar

cyke69sg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did my exchange there and got distant relative there. liked to be near Banff.
maybe not veh strong reasons bt we liked it there out of other parts we went.

The economy here is doing pretty badly now though. So it might be tough to find work. Or if manage to find work the pay is low.

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The economy here is doing pretty badly now though. So it might be tough to find work. Or if manage to find work the pay is low.
O no... Is the salary survivable?
Iirc you can select a easier province to get accepted then relocate after a year.

I recall my relative did that
did not know Alberta is difficult...

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
O no... Is the salary survivable?

did not know Alberta is difficult...

Occupation determines salary.
Min salary per hour does not mean you get all 40 hours

less popular province easier, harder maybe longer wait.
If wait is not equal and save years of time. To some ppl why not.

cyke69sg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't remember Federal Canada Govt PR program to be allocated based on provinces.

So if you apply Express Entry non provincial nominee program and you get the PR you can pretty much go anywhere in Canada.

kaisin82

Reaction score
Patryn33 is not all wrong. If it’s provincial nomination programs, the more remote provinces usually have easier to get in nomination programs.

I think even if you apply through provincial program, if you can’t get a job for a period of time, you can move to another province as well once PR is given.

Jen1512, if you don’t try, you never know. Probably right now you have to deal with whether the parents are okay with it.

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Patryn33 is not all wrong. If it’s provincial nomination programs, the more remote provinces usually have easier to get in nomination programs.

I think even if you apply through provincial program, if you can’t get a job for a period of time, you can move to another province as well once PR is given.

Jen1512, if you don’t try, you never know. Probably right now you have to deal with whether the parents are okay with it.
Thanks. I am trying ah... Almost all is done except certifying my transcripts...

inflames85

Reaction score
yup done ielts - i did academic husband did general not sure if got diff.

i trying to settle the uni certs. seems like need some additional conversion or certification to prove my uni degree was not ... “fake”?
you need to take general ielts if you not going for studies, academic ielts only if you want to further your studies there.
you need your educational certificate verified by an external body, WES is the most common 1 used, i submitted my certs to WES as well.

johan9049

Reaction score
the recent draw only seems to have canadian exprience class and provincial nominee program.
if i do not qualify for canadian exprience class (never worked in canada before), express entry alone won't be sufficient? need to apply for provincial nominee program?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigratio...tructions/express-entry-rounds.html#wb-auto-4
and i see some posts that getting PR is easy but getting a job isn't so easy. how effective is canada job bank in searching and securing a job? i work in oil and gas industry as an engineer currently.

i'm also working on this with my bf. if i get a job first, means my bf would need to find a job in the same city? how do you find jobs in the same area? any tip from those who applied as a couple?

thanks lots in advance!!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.