Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalalalalala

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what will happen to the trading side of SC and our online trading account but guys there nothing afraid to worry about the banking side of SC. In fact, investors confident in SC increases after they announce they will axes their equity business, their stock went up by 1% yesterday.

SC balance sheet is still strong overall and even in the worst case they really go under, being a huge presence bank like SC, UK government will probably bail them out. So I can sleep at night without any worries.
Their stock dropping a lot today, wonder what happened

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
maybe those kena retrenched by them today go short the stock LOL

limster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SC balance sheet is still strong overall and even in the worst case they really go under, being a huge presence bank like SC, UK government will probably bail them out. So I can sleep at night without any worries.

I seriously doubt that UK govt will bail SC out since it would look like it is bailing out a foreign country.

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
you all never see before bank run in 2007
Citi bank everyone shout world biggest bank, will not fail one

from $50++ drop to $1... really $1 no bluff

platopus

Reaction score
you all never see before bank run in 2007
Citi bank everyone shout world biggest bank, will not fail one

from $50++ drop to $1... really $1 no bluff

True story, today Citibank is $50 again hehe.

But valid la .. I will only be hum when Ho Ching sell scb

Reaction score
come on... that's after a 1-for-10 reverse stock split.

Citigroup announces 1-for-10 reverse stock split - Mar. 21, 2011

Besides, the fact that one of the largest U.S. banks traded for less than $5 a share is a startling concept on its face. And a 1-for-10 reverse stock split, essentially replacing every 10 shares of stock with just one share.

what does this mean for investors, like u and me? Absolutely nothing !! :eek:

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score

erm... the citi bank they play cheat one haha
after crisis a few years liao it recovered then they combined the shares, every 10 share become 1 share

so if compare now to last time, should use like $5 value nia gg

or if u wanna take today's value, then Citi bank during 2007 was $500++, crashed to $10.. now after a half a decade only recover back to $50... investors still sitting on 90% paper loss... sibei tragic...haizzzzzzzzzzzz I sad not because I had the shares, but my friend held his US shares.. thinking... long term will come back one... but now come back 10% nia... need go up another 90% to break even... gg max

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm... the citi bank they play cheat one haha
after crisis a few years liao it recovered then they combined the shares, every 10 share become 1 share

so if compare now to last time, should use like $5 value nia gg

or if u wanna take today's value, then Citi bank during 2007 was $500++, crashed to $10.. now after a half a decade only recover back to $50... investors still sitting on 90% paper loss... sibei tragic...haizzzzzzzzzzzz I sad not because I had the shares, but my friend held his US shares.. thinking... long term will come back one... but now come back 10% nia... need go up another 90% to break even... gg max

Ouch painful.

Wildreamz

Reaction score
Called them and they say Singapore Online Equities department was not affected.

Wildreamz

Reaction score
Yes, seems like retail side not affect yet.

Yes. And on their facebook page their official reply is:

Hi XX,this does not impact customers on our online securities trading platform – you will continue to have access to the 13 stock market exchanges through this platform and your existing holdings are unaffected. If you have further questions, please email us at sg.socialmedia@sc.com with your name, NRIC and contact number so that our customer care team can contact you directly to assist. Thank you!

mynazman

Reaction score
Hi, anyone know how to use the market order instead of the limit order?? when I use the platform there no drop down menu to select market order

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone know how to use the market order instead of the limit order?? when I use the platform there no drop down menu to select market order

Why would you want market order? If I'm not wrong, they left this option out on their platform.

It would be better for you to key your own entry price, I feel.

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. And on their facebook page their official reply is:

You private messaged them? Because I was looking up their Facebook page this morning but couldn't find any replies over there. Thanks for sharing the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.