Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score
They really c0ck up. My account whole of Aug also >$1k but still hit by $5 fall-below fee... WTF!

Edit: my bad, so for the first three days in Aug I got only a few bucks in moi e$avers. Stupid bank implement effective date on this kinda not-front-not-end kinda date... make their CSO extra busy these few days.

Last edited:

Perisher

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So much for service charge...

chowck

Reaction score
I closed my esavers a/c on that day: 28th August, & activated Dash at the same time.:D

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
i just reported them to MAS. i think they were deliberately misleading.

Reaction score
Need Help

I buy a share at $7.02 on 31st Aug and it show in my SCB portfolio...

How come when i check on my portfolio today, it show $6.84?

Anyone can explain to me... Sorry I just begin playing my first stock... so not quite knowledgeable on that. Thank in advance...

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score

Anyone can explain to me... Sorry I just begin playing my first stock... so not quite knowledgeable on that. Thank in advance...

The displayed price is the current indicative price, not the price you bought it.

Perisher

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

It shows yesterday's closing price. It will update to today's closing price later.
This price changes every trading day.

Perisher

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi Perisher, thanks. but i am checking on US stocks, dividend tax rate of 30% deductible. any idea?

Oh, that. Yup, All brokerages does that. It's US's tax law towards foreign investor in US stock market. No way to avoid it if you are investing directly in US market.

I should make a section about tax law then...

chiieese

Reaction score
Hi, I am still a total beginner in investing and am planning to start one day. I'm deciding on investing in index funds and bonds long term using the DCA strategy every month. But I'm also concerned about how to go about rebalancing this portfolio keeping the ratio accordingly while trying not to incur any extra transaction costs, would it be true that I would incur a 0.18% fee each time I DCA and rebalancing the portfolio respectively? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am still a total beginner in investing and am planning to start one day. I'm deciding on investing in index funds and bonds long term using the DCA strategy every month. But I'm also concerned about how to go about rebalancing this portfolio keeping the ratio accordingly while trying not to incur any extra transaction costs, would it be true that I would incur a 0.18% fee each time I DCA and rebalancing the portfolio respectively? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

scb charges 0.2%, not 0.18%. the best way to keep your ratio would be to add new funds according to the ratio, or as close to it as possible.

each time you try to rebalance by selling and buying, you incur transaction fees.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it's 0.20% per transaction. 0.18 for priority and above banking customers.
Anyway, be very careful with SCB now, due to a problem i encountered.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/%5Bpsa%5D-warning-standard-chartered-platform-users-5156578.html

ValueInvestor

Banned
Reaction score
nowadays SCB a lot of problems, those using be careful ba

cheap usually doesn't come with quality

Immortal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried selling shares you don't have then try to buy it back within the day on this platform..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.