Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

chowck

Reaction score
Yes you can transfer it to USD settlement account. They will show you the estimated exchange rate before you confirm your transfer of currency.

But remember to do it before 8.30pm on weekdays(not sure but it is around that timing). After which, there will not be anymore changing of currency until the next working day.

Sent from Sun using GAGT

Just wondering.... Scb - do they change the exch rates during the day or the rate remains fixed throughout the day - beginning from morning trading time to 8.30 pm?

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering.... Scb - do they change the exch rates during the day or the rate remains fixed throughout the day - beginning from morning trading time to 8.30 pm?
Sorry man. I didn't change more than once per day before. Can't help you with that.

Maybe you would like to call the customers service officer and ask them?

Sent from Sun using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

This is easy to test, try changing once in the morning and one at night lor. Just don't press confirm, the exchange rate will be shown before confirmation anyway.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
just applied for dash and am trying to dl the app on my mobile phone.

"Device isn't compatible with this version"

some phones cant use the app ah? but if im using only for online trading it dosent matter right?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score

some phones cant use the app ah? but if im using only for online trading it dosent matter right?

You can't trade using the dash app. Don't need to install if you just want to trade

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yup doesn't matter, you can see your Dash account details and transactions when you login to SCB online banking anyway.

chowck

Reaction score
This is easy to test, try changing once in the morning and one at night lor. Just don't press confirm, the exchange rate will be shown before confirmation anyway.

Don't need to test by changing real money. What I did before was to check for the rate in the morning & another time in the late afternoon. So far, the rates remain unchanged.

Maybe Scb will consider changing if the rates become very volatile.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
You can't trade using the dash app. Don't need to install if you just want to trade

Yup doesn't matter, you can see your Dash account details and transactions when you login to SCB online banking anyway.

aiya means i cant get my 5 bucks sign up cash. haha.

So actually the main differences are:

esaver vs dash
no atm card vs atm card
5 bucks for atm transactions/counter vs 0 bucks for atm but no counter
0.1% vs 0.5% ir
min balance 1k vs $0

thats about it right?

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
how to buy jumbo ipo for sc online trading? or need to press atm to get?

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes you cannot install on phones that don't have NFC.

How I know? Because I tried and called the customer service officer.

Sent from Sun using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
how to buy jumbo ipo for sc online trading? or need to press atm to get?

SCB online trading doesn't participate in IPO, you can only buy from the market after it IPO.
You need a CDP account to apply for IPO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.