Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

eS.KuKu

Reaction score
Keep it in the bank. Can't invest in anything much with such a small capital.

oh! i thought this scb allows us to buy in small share rather than in lots. thats why i thought $500 can invest in something already.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh! i thought this scb allows us to buy in small share rather than in lots. thats why i thought $500 can invest in something already.

Nope, SCB just doesn't have minimum commission. Most other brokers charge a minimum of $25, which is a huge percentage for small trades. You still have to trade in lots.

NumsLock

Reaction score

actually if you really want, can buy the NAM STI ETF lol. Now only $300+ a lot because lot size is 100 shares, but obviously can't make much since capital is so small =:p

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Nope, SCB just doesn't have minimum commission. Most other brokers charge a minimum of $25, which is a huge percentage for small trades. You still have to trade in lots.

if next time buy oddlot market no minimun commission, will it be attractive?

Stephy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone have problem using SCB to trade HK market?
Seems like forever q-ing...:(:(:(

Stephy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ytd nia...zeh zeh q from morning until evening..modified price so many times still no filled..see the price keep increasing..sibei dui lei :(

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ytd nia...zeh zeh q from morning until evening..modified price so many times still no filled..see the price keep increasing..sibei dui lei :(

but status got change bo??

eS.KuKu

Reaction score
actually if you really want, can buy the NAM STI ETF lol. Now only $300+ a lot because lot size is 100 shares, but obviously can't make much since capital is so small =:p

cant make much never mind, its a stepping stone. but scb can buy ETF also ?

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cant make much never mind, its a stepping stone. but scb can buy ETF also ?

Yep! You'll need to pass the CKA quiz thing, or tell them that you've done 6 trades in specified products, but once you've done that, you can buy ETFs the same way you buy shares.

eS.KuKu

Reaction score
Yep! You'll need to pass the CKA quiz thing, or tell them that you've done 6 trades in specified products, but once you've done that, you can buy ETFs the same way you buy shares.

thanks for the tips, but one more question, 1 lots = 1000share or 100 share ?

dak hand41

Reaction score
Here comes my update :)

Working Day 0: Submitted both forms to SCB branch

Working Day 4: CDP called me to verify my transfer instruction over the phone (NRIC, Mailing Address, Share name, and number of Shares). I also took the chance to ask about the charges involved. The officer replied that an undisclosed amount will be billed to SCB (who may or may not pass on the cost to me).

Working Day 5: My CDP account was debited of the shares i am transferring

Working Day 9: SCB credited me with the transferred shares on their online trading platform

(If SCB passes on the CDP charges to me, i will update again)

imwarren could you share how much is your incurred cost so far for transferring one counter from CDP to SCB? Because I am interested in doing likewise

imwarren

Reaction score
imwarren could you share how much is your incurred cost so far for transferring one counter from CDP to SCB? Because I am interested in doing likewise

Till today, neither CDP nor SCB had billed me anything for the transfer. I guess, its free. :)

masashi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nobody dealing with US shares here? I'm looking at investing some soon.

juswyq

Reaction score
is it possible to subscribe to IPO with standard chartered brokerage? Interested in ascendas hospitality trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.