Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
huh?

yup yup.. why must be S$300 leh, cannot be S$200 meh?

how to have 200 unless the ETF price per share is $2

assume both price $3

STI ETF (ES3.SI)
1 lot is 1000 shares
1 lot cost $3000

Nikko AM STI ETF100 (G3B.SI)
1 lot is 100 shares
1 lot cost $300

you use SCB so minimum purchase of 1 lot Nikko AM STI ETF100 (G3B.SI) at least $300

the below is the current price link

STI ETF (ES3.SI) 1 lot 1000 shares

Nikko AM STI ETF100 (G3B.SI) 1 lot 100 shares

gaara666

Reaction score
Seriously going to open a SC Trading Acc tmr.

low com compared to other brokerage firms coz i usually buy stocks in range of 3-9k

i applied for SC trading via online banking a week ago and its still not in my account. taking such long time

yea the no min comm really sounds good. currently i have to hit 9k per transaction so the chargeable comm is equivalent to the min comm

gaara666

Reaction score
Anyone with shares previously in uob kayhian and now using SCB online here? did you transfer shares over to SCB? does it cost $10 per counter chargeable by cdp (read somewhere in uob kayhian FAQ)

Investor Reeve

Reaction score
Can we buy USD denominated shares like dairy farm, HKland in SCB Singapore account? Or need to open another US account for this?

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to have 200 unless the ETF price per share is $2

assume both price $3

STI ETF (ES3.SI)
1 lot is 1000 shares
1 lot cost $3000

Nikko AM STI ETF100 (G3B.SI)
1 lot is 100 shares
1 lot cost $300

you use SCB so minimum purchase of 1 lot Nikko AM STI ETF100 (G3B.SI) at least $300

the below is the current price link

STI ETF (ES3.SI) 1 lot 1000 shares

Nikko AM STI ETF100 (G3B.SI) 1 lot 100 shares

I get your point now..

thanks..

so minimum purchase is S$300+ for Nikko AM STI ETF..

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can teach me how to start buying?..

Order Quantity on G3B.
Order Quantity is 100.
Order Type is : Limit Order/Market Order
Order Price:

May I know for the last 2 , what should i put?..

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I get your point now..

thanks..

so minimum purchase is S$300+ for Nikko AM STI ETF..

I think i know what already..

market order is the one that i should place..

just bought 100 lot of G3B STI ETF at the price of S$316 :(

devion

Reaction score
SCB trading with mobile phones

Anybody knows whether SCB online trade is possible on mobile phones? I tried accessing SCB website on my mobile & could not locate the online securities login. Did not see this being mentioned on SCB website about mobile phone trading.
Hopefully SCB is able to enable this for us since most of us are always on the go & will be hassle free if Android or Apple phones can be used.

flyfox

Reaction score
SCB may be good if the total share price per transactions less than 1000 or so.

imagine buying total of 1000 shares of Thbev, really not worth using those with brokerage fee of $25++. sell then kena another 25.

blackie83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows whether SCB online trade is possible on mobile phones? I tried accessing SCB website on my mobile & could not locate the online securities login. Did not see this being mentioned on SCB website about mobile phone trading.
Hopefully SCB is able to enable this for us since most of us are always on the go & will be hassle free if Android or Apple phones can be used.

Bo mobile app la.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Browse your SCB website like a desktop on your mobile phone. Go and find out more about setting the user agent on your mobile browser.

autumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone with shares previously in uob kayhian and now using SCB online here? did you transfer shares over to SCB? does it cost $10 per counter chargeable by cdp (read somewhere in uob kayhian FAQ)

There is a few of us over at this thread who successfully transferred shares from CDP to SCB already. No charges. Browse back this thread to find the posts

Lost_Found

Master Member
Reaction score
i had successfully trf shares from CDP to SCB, no charge

Last edited:

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Got it...used Dolphin browser.

Does dolphin browser even works? I used dolphin on iPhone 5 setting the agent to view as desktop mode. Can login to standard chartered but when it comes to the trading page, it fails to load completely.

No problem with iPad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.