Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I made a mistake, my friend had some business degree which seems to fulfill the education requirements for the CAR, even though she know nth about stocks. I guess she didn't even know she pass the requirement due to that.

I am just a local engineering grad pawned by this sg society :(

You do not need to pass the CAR test to buy sgx listed shares and starting from today to feb, you do not need to pass the car test anymore to buy foreign market shares also but there are some actions that needs to be carried up though

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/local-investors-can-start-trading-foreign-shares-bet-4-1-2013-27-2-2013-w-o-car-4046198-new-post.html

wainot

Reaction score
sorry noob qn here, just applied for scb platform last weekends..

wondering how to deposit $ inside ar? can do EPS? cos i don't remember linking the scb to my other bank accounts..

and 1 more qn, scb got T+3 or not? if lets say i sell stock already can immediately buy another stock or withdraw the $ out?

thanks in advance...

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry noob qn here, just applied for scb platform last weekends..

wondering how to deposit $ inside ar? can do EPS? cos i don't remember linking the scb to my other bank accounts..

and 1 more qn, scb got T+3 or not? if lets say i sell stock already can immediately buy another stock or withdraw the $ out?

thanks in advance...

Your RM should have at least open an Esaver account for you already. You can just do an Internet bank transfer to your Esaver account. Should take 2-3 working days for the transfer. After that from your Esaver account, do a transfer to your securities account. Money will be immediately reflected in your securities account.

There is no EPS for sc if I'm not mistaken. There is no T+3. You must have the money first in your account before you can purchase.

Yea, after you sell a stock, you can immediately buy another stock as the cash from the sale of the previously stock will be immediately reflected.

kelly11

Reaction score
Been really keen on opening a SCB trading account but do not fulfill any of the CAR conditions :(:(

sho moody.

huangwn88

Reaction score
Sian, I also cannot open sia. Cos didnt meet the requirements. They told me its a rule by MAS...

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sian, I also cannot open sia. Cos didnt meet the requirements. They told me its a rule by MAS...

Challenge them say can still buy sgx stocks lah.. Refer to my Friday post, it's because the rm doesn't want extra job due to the low reward point for themselves. So find a rm that is willing to open the account for you lah. Or else smoke them say u wan look at insurance ilp plan but then open the acct for u first and say bye bye n thank you after that lah

previous

Reaction score
Hi all

I had this problem using Standard Chartered online trading..

Currently i hold 6 Sg stock on Standard Chartered ...
And i now cant purchase anymore new stock..

Any1 had this problem... or by using Standard Chartered the most holding is 6 different stock ??

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I had this problem using Standard Chartered online trading..

Currently i hold 6 Sg stock on Standard Chartered ...
And i now cant purchase anymore new stock..

Any1 had this problem... or by using Standard Chartered the most holding is 6 different stock ??

no such thing. what's the error when you try to buy?

previous

Reaction score
no such thing. what's the error when you try to buy?

Hi, thank for the reply..

Problem solve.. I had call Standard Chartered and they told me they are try to solve this problem since morining..

Advise by them to place a direct trade to purchase any stock..

Avoid using the Stock Watch or Real Time Quote pages..

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, thank for the reply..

Problem solve.. I had call Standard Chartered and they told me they are try to solve this problem since morining..

Advise by them to place a direct trade to purchase any stock..

Avoid using the Stock Watch or Real Time Quote pages..

Ya, one thing bad about SCB is their website stability, always have problem. Make me lose some opportunity this morning also

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to reinvest dividend using SCB ?

There is no automatic system. Just keep your dividends in your trading account and use it (together with top up) to buy other stocks, unless your dividend is so much that you can buy stocks without topping up :s13:

Or, some stocks have a dividend reinvestment plan (DRP), where instead of getting a cash dividend, the cash value is used to buy additional shares at a discounted price. The disadvantage is that you may not end up with a round lot aka 1000 shares.

max-89jw

Reaction score
Service slow and sever so lag.. I am trapped with my stocks cause apparently they change the internet token to a new one and I still didnt received it. Now I can't do anything with my account. Cant even view the transactions..

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Service slow and sever so lag.. I am trapped with my stocks cause apparently they change the internet token to a new one and I still didnt received it. Now I can't do anything with my account. Cant even view the transactions..

hmm, thought log in is still using sms?

blackie83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The default is sms . Unless you changed it.

Check the setting.

kheng86

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just sign up for one

does the shares under SC nominees count towards the Asset-under-management of 200k for their priority banking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.